Some pearls of wisdom from Ronald Reagan..

P

Phil Deese

Reagan Quotes
Wow, don't you miss this guy?

'Here's my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they lose.'- Ronald Reagan

'The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' - Ronald Reagan

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' - Ronald Reagan

'Of the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because the U.S. Was too strong.'
- Ronald Reagan

'I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress.' - Ronald Reagan

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'
- Ronald Reagan

'Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.'
- Ronald Reagan

'The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a government program.' - Ronald Reagan

'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.' - Ronald Reagan

'Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.' - Ronald Reagan

'Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed, there are many rewards; if you disgrace yourself, you can always write a book.' - Ronald Reagan

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'- Ronald Reagan

When I was a kid, I would get a little on the sick side hearing the old folks call FDR "The Old Master". I can remember getting my mouth washed out with soap. I asked, did you say the "Old Bastard"?

RR, the last of a rare breed!:D

Phil,

We all admit Reagan had some great comedy one liners if you didn't think about the logic of them. I'd point out which ones make little sense, but sound good, but you would never agree. Just a couple:

This one below supports why Bush did so poorly with Katrina:

'The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' - Ronald Reagan

Bush sure never said that!

'Of the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because the U.S. Was too strong.'
- Ronald Reagan

The war/occupation we are in now is clearly because we had the power to do it regardless of the opinions of anyone else in the world. If we would have needed real help from other countries we would have been out of luck.

I have to give it to you Phil, Reagan was the real force behind prejudice and dislike for liberals. He was also the only president in history that made a secret agreement behind the back of Congress with Iran, a country that held Americans as hostages earlier. The Axis of Evil he made secret agreements with while lying to Congress. The Founding Fathers would have hung him for that! Today we worry about flag pins, and sex with a consenting adult in the White House! Secret agreements with Iran and wars based on WMD that can't be found and mushroom clouds over America are just minor things today to some conservatives! :confused: :confused: That's one of the basic differences between our values!

Last edited by a moderator:
The government has been "helping" New Orleans a long time.

And New Orleans politicians keep getting richer. And getting re-elected. And not getting shot... I'm confused...

If it was any other part of the country, the crap would be fixed by now, and the folks would start thinking up stories to tell the kiddies.

Chuck Bogardus
Missouri
Was that a 100 year flood back in '93, or a 15 year flood? I'm confused...

Can't argue with that statement Chuck! They don't call it the "Big Easy" for nothing!

New Orleans----A product of a people who have been living on the gov't teat for years. So dependent on the gov't that they can't take care of themselves. But in the face of a natural disaster are sure to go down to the local Wally World in chest deep water and loot it.

Tell me D, what is protocol for the gov't to send federal aid to a state? Is it up to the president to make that call?

I always thought the governor of the state experiencing the natural disaster asked for federal aid. Is this not the procedure?

It is

the procedure, but that isn't the way the current admin. works.
And if something should devastate your state, don't come crying to the rest of the country for help and compassion. This is what you are advocating isn't it?
How does New Orleans differ from any other state in our country? Please explain how you have come to the conclusion that they are living off government. The areas hit by disasters such as this don't get help from our government until after the President has given his blessing. In this particular case, the President determined immediate help wasn't necessary.

Pretty much because the folks in the state who should have didn't ask for it.

They were probably too busy making sure that their offshore accounts were secure.

Y'all know the definition of insanity - we've been throwing money at the problem, and it hasn't been getting better. So we think it might if we throw MORE money at it?

Sheesh.

the procedure, but that isn't the way the current admin. works.
And if something should devastate your state, don't come crying to the rest of the country for help and compassion. This is what you are advocating isn't it?
How does New Orleans differ from any other state in our country? Please explain how you have come to the conclusion that they are living off government. The areas hit by disasters such as this don't get help from our government until after the President has given his blessing. In this particular case, the President determined immediate help wasn't necessary.

Did my post not make sense to you or did it go over your head? I'm not advocating anything.

My point(which I thought was clear) was that ANY state that experiences a natural disaster asks for federal assistance(read FEMA here) if they need it. Till they ask, they don't get it. If they don't ask, they don't get it. In the case of NO the federal gov't never got the call for assistance.

As far as the second part of your post, look at the percentage of people on welfare and gov't programs. I've read where it's over 50%. And I'm not picking on NO, it's bad in other cities as well. The result is a breed of people who expect others to take care of them cause they can't do it themselves. Sad but true.

I remember seeing row upon row of public transportation buses and school buses in New Orleans that could have been used to evacuate people who had no other means of travel. In a city that is below sea level with a Cat 5 hurricane bearing down on it, what would you do? That whole disaster could have been largely prevented if the local government had acted.

Who dropped the big easy ball?
Local city government went MIA. Run by democrats. Remember all the school buses? Who was supposed to drive these? Cheney & Scooter? Were these buses under federal control? Where were all the city cops and local fire dept? What happened to the second ammendment? And who violated it? democrats...:mad:

State government. Run by democrats. Wasn't it the governor's responsibility to call in the Guard? Didn't she refuse Bushes pleas to evacuate New Orleans early?

Big media. Run by flaming liberals. Claiming over 10,000 dead and blaming President Bush for causing this.

Bush..... the fall guy and willing (I don't know why?) to take the hit.
gunmaker

Back to Phill's post about Some pearls of wisdom from Ronald Reagan..

The reason that all these are so great is they are all so true.

Didn't he use another quote that went something like this? :

To a Republican, every day is the 4th of July
To a Christian, every day is Christmas
To a democrat, every day is the 15th of April

gunmaker.......................................... ...............

I don't know if he did or not................but if he didn't he should have!!

New Orleans----A product of a people who have been living on the gov't teat for years. So dependent on the gov't that they can't take care of themselves.

Something happened to me last Friday morning that I want to share. We manufacture and sell built-in ironing boards across the country.

A lady from New Orleans called and wanted to buy another cover for her ironing board. In the course of the conversation I asked her how the city was doing. She told me that it was all coming back just fine and she expressed concern for the people that are now being flooded along the upper Mississippi.

The lady was at work and calling on her cell phone.

Is this not a great country!:)

Concho Bill

Reagan Quotes
Wow, don't you miss this guy?

'Here's my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they lose.'- Ronald Reagan

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' - Ronald Reagan

- Ronald Reagan

'I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress.' - Ronald Reagan

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'
- Ronald Reagan

'Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.'
- Ronald Reagan

'The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a government program.' - Ronald Reagan

'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.' - Ronald Reagan

'Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.' - Ronald Reagan

'Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed, there are many rewards; if you disgrace yourself, you can always write a book.' - Ronald Reagan

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'- Ronald Reagan

Reagan talked the talk, but he sure as hell didn't walk the walk. In the end, he was just another big government liberal....

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill Wayne

Nice touch. Exactly the way we should feel. Depicts the nature of most people from New Orleans.

Back