Snap Caps for 22 BR and 22 PPC

South_Pender

Does anyone know where I can get snap caps for my 22 BR and 22 PPC? I think that snap caps are available for the the 6 mm. versions of these two cartridges, but I haven't seen any for the .22 versions.

Just pull the trigger and hold it while you close the bolt. No snap cap needed. If you feel you need one just use a fired piece of brass. Or just dry fire it the firing pin will stop at the same spot no matter whats there

Just pull the trigger and hold it while you close the bolt. No snap cap needed. If you feel you need one just use a fired piece of brass. Or just dry fire it the firing pin will stop at the same spot no matter whats there
I understand closing the bolt with the trigger depressed, but that's not why I wanted snap caps. I wanted them to test the trigger weight and make adjustments. As for a fired case, the primer will, in time, become completely depressed after frequent firing-pin strikes and, as a result, will not buffer the blow effectively. I have snap caps for a number of centerfire cartridges, and the best ones are plastic with a spring-loaded "primer" that gives on contact, but bounces back. That's what I'm looking for for my two BR cartridges. I suppose I could cut the neck section off the 6 BR and 6 PPC snap caps, but I was hoping for snap caps made specifically for the .22 versions of these cartridges.

Have someone turn

I understand closing the bolt with the trigger depressed, but that's not why I wanted snap caps. I wanted them to test the trigger weight and make adjustments. As for a fired case, the primer will, in time, become completely depressed after frequent firing-pin strikes and, as a result, will not buffer the blow effectively. I have snap caps for a number of centerfire cartridges, and the best ones are plastic with a spring-loaded "primer" that gives on contact, but bounces back. That's what I'm looking for for my two BR cartridges. I suppose I could cut the neck section off the 6 BR and 6 PPC snap caps, but I was hoping for snap caps made specifically for the .22 versions of these cartridges.

some delrin down to small primer diameter and cut it off to primer thickness and put it in your primer pocket. Will out last you.

For grins and giggles

some delrin down to small primer diameter and cut it off to primer thickness and put it in your primer pocket. Will out last you.

I just turn 2 delrin primers and put them in a couple PPC cases. .177 o.d. and .119 length. Took about 10 minutes as I broke the first turning getting in a hurry.

Keep your powder dry, don't go off half cocked and never dry fire. All good advice for their day and a particular firearm.. But one High Master told me, if you want to be any good, dry fire a 100 times a night. For whatever that's worth.

Right, I'm all for dry-firing. It's just that I'd like something there to cushion the firing pin. Turns out--after some sleuthing on the internet--that Harbour Arms in Florida (who make snap caps for a lot of cartridges) will custom-make one, for just a few bucks more than the off-the-shelf ones, if you send a case.

Last edited:
OK, now that

most, other than Charlie, have dissed delrin primers, I can no longer keep quiet. The delrin is a product that can repeatedly absorb the impact of a firing pin. It is also a product that will keep the firing pin from striking the front of the bolt cavity. It is nowhere hard enough to deform even cold roll steel, let alone the steel used in the firing pin. I can assure you that dry firing without something out in front of the pin will eventually cause some kind of deformation of the bolt or firing pin. Your choice. IMHO

Back