Small Vice ideas

CYanchycki

Club Coordinator
Guys, looking for an idea for a small vice for holding small trigger parts. I have been cleaning/polishing up my Jewell triggers with FLITZ. As you know those levers are small and are a bit on the small side to hold with one hand and get enough pressure to rub with a small patch with Flitz. Any recommendations??????

I have found this and it looks interesting.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Table-Swivel...rafting-/271326527370?clk_rvr_id=578203763550

They sure feel nice after a little TLC..............

Calvin

Small toolmakers vice. Similar to a drill press vise, but made to hold small parts on a surface grinder or in a mill. All surfaces are ground square.

Calvin, I go about in

a bit different manner. I put the cloth and Flitz on a piece of plate glass and then polish the part holding it down on the FLAT glass and towel. Seems to work.

David

David

I have been doing it that way but my fingers and hands start to cramp up......

28 years in the telco industry trying to pull little wires in the cold are starting to take there toll.

I guess that is what people start to call age starting to creep up......... :(:(

Calvin

vice

harbor frieght: same vice, same color, half the price:)

For little parts that I was holding for polishing free hand I took a pair of vice grips and sanded the serrations off and applied tape to the jaw surface to keep from marring the parts. Unless I was grinding then used a tool makers vice or angle plate to hold.

My small vice is those liddle brandy filled cherries...... ohh, and sometimes I'll cut off those "do not remove" stickers....

For small vises though, I like the Panavise.

http://www.amazon.com/Panavise-301-...=UTF8&qid=1390786603&sr=8-5&keywords=panavise

aren't pedants jolly?

al

Jolly indeed. I too was immediately inclined to wonder if the OP was perhaps interested in a diminutive lady of the night, or dollhouse-size poker game, or falling asleep while at the wheel of a 1:32 scale slot car.

What about a fly tying vice

I have a friend (in Juneau, AK) whose wife would probably consider his fly tying to be a vice. Or leaving his fly unzipped.

But when he's indulging in the former vice, he's using a vise. :p

Back