sizing 22FR match ammo

S

singleshotom

Just wondering if anyone has played with sizing 22 rf ammo prior to use????
I have a new batch of Eley Tenex and noticed that when I mic. some of the bullets there is a variation of about .003" so i built a sizing die and have sized some but haven't had a opportunity to do a test due to a long stretch of bad weather here in western Canada........wind- wind- wind.....
Just wondering if anyone has played with this and was there any notable effects ????????????
SST
100 yd rf BR

Sizing Ammo

I know of a shooter down here who was FLS Federal ammo, as it wouldn’t chamber correctly in his Lilja match barrel with good results. It’s dangerous work though, he had several go off in the sizing die before giving up on the process.

Tenex in Australia cost $35 for 50 rounds, for that sort of money I would expect a higher level of quality assurance than what you are measuring measuring.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
singshotom

what kind of results are you hoping for at 100 yards outdoors? And are these consistent results or a one time best group?
ifldned

100 yard Target

In our BR 100 yd competition the 25 ring is .75" and 250's are not uncommon at most shoots. Of course you have to have the ammo performing in the gun and the rest is up to you reading conditions. Keeping them consistently in the bull is what we strive to achieve. .50" would be nice that leaves .25" for shooter error..
SST

thats really good shooting

Thanks for the info. That's really good shooting.
ifldned

Back