Sinclair Speed Screw for Caldwell rest

P

panther

Guys Will a sinclair speed screw fit straight in a Caldwell br rest rear leg.Are they the same thread as a hart,sinclair etc..
Thanks in advance

speed screw

buddy of mine has the rock rest and a speed screw
went right in, i have a wichita and had to retap from
fine to coarse thread same size hole.

Group Matches or Score Matches?

I have had speed screws on three of my rests. They were designed for a very fast shift between the sighter and record bulls in centerfire "group matches", that are sanctioned by NBRSA and IBS. In group matches you need those quick up and down adjustments as you check the wind conditions. They work great.

In rimfire score matches, the screw cannot move from top to bottom of the target. From my experience it is better to move the capstan wheel to go down a row. The "issue" back leg screw gives you a finer elevation adjustment than a speed screw. I like the standard LARGE back screw on the Fudd Rest as is. Easy to dial in a fine elevation adjustment.

Joe Haller :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two speed screws if anyone would like a good buy on one. I was told that the second one I ordered would go the full hight of the IR50/50 target, but it won't when in the Hart base.

I suppose I could cut a bit off the rear leg of the rest; then it would work fine, but I just use the wheel to go between rows and use the Hart rear screw for fine elevation. It works very well and has good range of motion.

Picher

Thanks Guys ,
Recieved the speed screw today & it fit straight in, my rest is not a caldwell but it is the same thread as a caldwell.

Back