Sinclair Neck turner mandrel ?

P Hurley

I have this old Sinclair neck turner and was wondering where I could get a mandrel, preferably carbide in 6mm ? Perusing their website I did not see any in this configuration 6mm/22 as depicted here. I had used this one for the first pass (rough cut) then ran a second cut on Don's (Nielson). I like the angle on this cutter for the shoulder.

Thanks Pat

Attachments

• Sinclair neck turner.jpg
    Sinclair neck turner.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 209
the mandrel you have

I have this old Sinclair neck turner and was wondering where I could get a mandrel, preferably carbide in 6mm ? Perusing their website I did not see any in this configuration 6mm/22 as depicted here. I had used this one for the first pass (rough cut) then ran a second cut on Don's (Nielson). I like the angle on this cutter for the shoulder.

Thanks Pat

has not been available for a number of years. All they have now(when they are in stock) is single caliber. Also, if you really want carbide, you will have to have them custom made in a machine shop capable of turning carbide.

I have used a Sinclair to turn brass for at least the last 20 years. I have some of every model of holders they ever made as well as mandrels of most every ilk.

David

This is a bit unconventional, but it works. The Sinclair mandrel is .375. A K&M is smaller, about .343ish. I have used the K&M in my Sinclair with no problems. The K&M carbide has a nice flat on it so the set screw holds it tight.

PMA Tool has carbide mandrels that will work in a Sinclair neck turner. Give Pat a call at PMA or send him a email. He has a web site. I measured my PMA tool mandrel and it measured at .375 ths. But call or email Pat to be sure.

John

Thanks guys. I checked that Old mandrel and the shank was .375 I’m thinking it may work in the Old Sinclair (they’re newer one that is)

Back