Sightron SII 36X42BRD Reticle

J

joc1212

I just purchased a brand new Sightron SII 36X42 BRD scope and have not yet mounted in on my Winchester 52D. Is there a bit heavier crosshair available? We only shoot at 50 and 100 yard and bought the 36X42 because that seemed to be the recommended scope on another forum. I'm having trouble seeing the crosshairs against a white wall.
I'd like to go a bit heavier.
Any suggestions??

Sightron

Try Optical Service at targetshooteroptics.com. A few years ago I had a Sightron 24X and the dot was too large. Sightron recommended Optical Service and it came out great.

Last edited:
I just purchased a brand new Sightron SII 36X42 BRD scope and have not yet mounted in on my Winchester 52D. Is there a bit heavier crosshair available? We only shoot at 50 and 100 yard and bought the 36X42 because that seemed to be the recommended scope on another forum. I'm having trouble seeing the crosshairs against a white wall.
I'd like to go a bit heavier.
Any suggestions??

That should not be an issue, before anything, make sure you properly focus the reticle with the eyeiece as per instructions.
All BR scopes are going to have a fine XHair.

That should not be an issue, before anything, make sure you properly focus the reticle with the eyeiece as per instructions.
All BR scopes are going to have a fine XHair.

+1

If you can't see the crosshairs against a white wall then I too suspect that you haven't adjusted your eyepiece for focus of the reticle. I own two of those scopes and they are excellent for the money.

Back