Sightron 10-50x 60mm

.25shooter

Does anyone here have any experience with this scope regarding clarity and quality of the optic. What about tracking and availibility to hold point of impact ?

Would this be a good choise as a scope on a switch barrel informal benchrest rifle 100-300 yards and varmint hunting out to 500 yards ?

How would this scope compare to Leopold Nightforce and March. It has similar features, weight and magnification as the Mars but at almost only one third of the price ? I like the Nightforce but it is bulky and heavy. Leopold does not offer high enough magnification in a variable.

I have a Leopold 8,5-25x 30mm,50mm and am very pleased with its quality but would like to have higher magnification for benchrest and score shooting at 100-300. Is this a good solution ?

I have one and love it.

I cant really compare it to a March or Nightforce since Ive never shot one, but people tell me that it is as good.

Sighttron

if you think that a $600-$800 scope is going to have the same tracking and optics that a $1200-$2500 scope you are misleading yourself,if they were equal how long do think Nightforce and March would be in buisness.
Myself I would rather spend money on bullets,powder,and primers and get more practice than spend money on the newest toy on the market,which is why I shoot 1 36x Weaver and save the money for practice.
Nick

Sightron

if you think that a $600-$800 scope is going to have the same tracking and optics that a $1200-$2500 scope you are misleading yourself,if they were equal how long do think Nightforce and March would be in buisness.
Myself I would rather spend money on bullets,powder,and primers and get more practice than spend money on the newest toy on the market,which is why I shoot 1 36x Weaver and save the money for practice.
Nick

Nickloy !

I never said anything about what I think. I was looking for someone who has used or looked through those scopes side by side for a fair and objective evaluation.

I like fast cars, but I do not own a Ferrari, not because I dont belive they are faster than my car but for the reason that firstly I cant afford one and secondly cause I do not belive that for the money spent they would give me that much extra to be worthwhile. So I bought a car that fit my constraints regarding cost and required performance the most. I did not just buy the fastest one.

Sightron 10 x 50 x 60

I have just gotten my Sightron 10 x 50 x 60. I got a Sightron 8 x 32 X 60 several Leupolds (both variables and fixed) and two Nightforces. The Sightron 10 x 50 x 60 scope has side focus and the focal length is very sensitive (short). So far I think thr Sightron is a great value. Clarity from side to side and tracking seem to be very good also. I actually like it better than both the Leupold and Nightforce. It is quite large and long. I bought the fine crosshair and have a 1/8 min dot on the 8 x 32 model. I like the fine crosshair better. It allows for finer sighting.
Nat Lambeth

Sightron

25 shooter,
I may have misunderstood what you were looking to get info.
I have shot both the Nightforce and March scopes,to my eyes the small difference in lense guality is not worth the higher price,to some they may be worth the money,but I still will put my money into supplies and practice.
Sorry for taking your post wrong and if I upset you I am sorry.
Nick

Sightron

No offence taken Nick.

This was the kind of information I was looking for that you and Nat gave. I live in Iceland and cant exactly go into the nearest gunshop to evaluate for myself the latest models of Mars or Sightron or whatever. Neither can I go to the shooting range and look through these scopes on other shooters rifles so I have to rely to some extent on other peoples opinions. And this forum is one of the best venue for that. Thanks.

I still continue to use my money on supplies and practice and have fun shooting from my benchrest rifle looking through my 20 year old Leopold 36x.

But for another rifle I need another scope.

Bergur

I have two sightron 10-50x60 w/ .125dot

Personally, I liked them enough to sell my NF 12-42x56 BR

Eddie

I have been interested in the new Sightron- maybe enough to sell something to get one but, I need some convincing- I'd really like to look through one first. I'd also like to see some more reticle choices but, I hear from Sightron there won't be any more reticles for some time to come.

Will they hold point of aim while changing power? Lots of variable scope have trouble doing that.

BTW, whats the close focus on the 10x50? If it will go down to say, three feet, I'm pretty sure I could shoot some of those "one hole" groups I hear about.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back