Seasons Greeting from Northern Australia

a.JR

Hi All , A very happy seasons greetings to all on our New Years Eve,especially those i have directly connected with during 2011.. Hope you all have a super '12. Being from such a small area a1000mile from the other nearest range ,it sure helps to have contact with with fellow 1000yd bench shooters for help, tips and ideas.Thanks..JR..Jeff Rogers

Best wishes to all of you down under too Jeff.

Someday maybe I'll get to find out what it's like to spend Christmas in the full swing of Summer. Btw, something I've always wondered. Do you folks have your own Christmas Carols with titles like, I'm dreaming of a sunny warm Christmas? Cause, if I had a choice, I think I'd prefer a sunny warm Christmas. Course, I'd still want a sunny and warm 4th of July too. Up here, folks dream of a white Christmas, but in truth, I'll take rain instead, every time.

Hi Phil , Happy to have you here anytime but maybe i think you would prefer our winter .. Only gets down to about 50 deg at night , never below 72deg during the day and no rain .. Right now we are waiting for the 1st Cyclones to hit us(your Hurricanes i think)..Temp 85 to 100 deg with 95 % humidity .. It's about to rain big shortly so maybe next 4th of July would be more comfortable .. Still when it's blowin a gale and stormin we have to sit indoors and cool down by drinkin cold beverages( sometimes we run out of just water and have to drink beer) .. You welcome at my place any year..JR..Jeff Rogers ........
Best wishes to all of you down under too Jeff.

Someday maybe I'll get to find out what it's like to spend Christmas in the full swing of Summer. Btw, something I've always wondered. Do you folks have your own Christmas Carols with titles like, I'm dreaming of a sunny warm Christmas? Cause, if I had a choice, I think I'd prefer a sunny warm Christmas. Course, I'd still want a sunny and warm 4th of July too. Up here, folks dream of a white Christmas, but in truth, I'll take rain instead, every time.

huhhh??

"have to drink beer" Jeff?

I've yet to meet an Ozzie who'll believe that water's potable!

Happy New Year

al

al,

Yeah, but we don't gotta compare it with Bud!

Best wishes

John
Lmao!

Good point John! Yea, if I had to choose between Bud or drink'n out of a duck-pond, I'd have to think about it for a while.

But then, you did know Bud's not American any more right? Bud's now owned by the Germans, and believe it or not, they bought a bunch of small breweries, some of which make pretty darn good specialty beers. I had an Amber Ale at a party last winter that almost put me in shock when I read the label and it said owned and operated by Bud Brewing Co. I thought, "Well, this ain't the swill they got rich mak'n, that's for sure! Them Germans are good for someth'n after all!"

Jeff, I have a Brother and Sister in Law who have relatives in Sydney. If it were not for the pricey air-fare, they'd go over twice a year. From what they've told me, it's a trip I've got to make someday. When I do, I'll have to look ya up for one of those brews.

Unless something has changed recently, Anheuser-Busch (i.e. Budweiser) is owned by InBev - a Belgian company.

Ryan

Unless something has changed recently, Anheuser-Busch (i.e. Budweiser) is owned by InBev - a Belgian company.

Ryan
I see you're right, Belgian / Brazilian. Ehh, all the same thing, they're a lot better at brewing than any of the American breweries, IE: Miller, AB, Coors, etc. Anyone who's been to my house will tell ya that if you bring some of that crap and drop it off, it's a safe bet it'll still be here next time you stop in, cause I'm not drinkin it, even when its free. Afaic, only since the sale has AB distributed anything domestically that's fit to drink. But now, some of it is actually good enough to want a second.

A little more research on American breweries shows that Miller and Coors are both owned by SABMiller, a UK based company. I think all of the major breweries are now foreign owned.

Ryan

Hey 4 you can always take them and use them for target practice. Just be sure to pick up the empties orrrr you can trade them to some of the guys for free yard care.

Back