Scoring ?s, please

D

Dwight C

I am shooting the WRARB target, on 60# card stock. I always have it backed, smooth and flat on fresh
( no previous holes ) heavy cardboard, mounted solidly to good backstop.

So, pellet holes are as clean as they can be. Still, on every card, I have several that I'm pretty sure are 10s,
but the card has recovered, and even with a 10x glass, I can't tell with-out a doubt.

Today, for the first time, I thought to drop a pellet in the hole and gently, push it flush, and then pull it on thru.
Is this accurate, correct / acceptable ?

If not , please inform me as to how to correctly score the questionable ones.

Thanks,
Dwight

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Shawn,

I ordered a plug right away.

Appreciate your help.

Later,
Dwight

Last edited by a moderator:
Dwight,

I can't remember what caliber you said you were going with, but am assuming it's .177. Having been involved with scoring mostly .22 rimfire targets for 18+ years, along with now having done a pill of .177's over the past 5, all I can say is that you'll be amazed what happens when you place a .224 plug into a .177 hole. And even if it is .22 you're shooting, it will still blow your mind sometimes as the close shots become closer, and the near-misses aren't necessarily so. It'll take you awhile to believe the difference in what you have been thinking your scores were to seeing what they truly are.

Have fun,

Dave

Wrabf procedure

Dwight @ International Events the WRABF plugs every hole on a WRABF Card as most are shot using .177 rifle and the rules allow up to a .22 caliber

Back