Score rifles for 2012

Since recoil is a serious issue in the 50lb rifle , when made VFS legal by reducing it to 13.5 lb think how much fun it will be.

Reminds me of all of the videos of people shooting the T-Rex.
No wonder the new ones are 100+ LBS.
I wonder if there was any real purpose in the initial design other than novelty.
100 lbs is obviously to much to haul around the field.

After watching this and videos of people shooting the T-Rex I have to wonder if some people just have to be able to say, "mine's bigger'n yer's". There's no other reason that I can see, and as dumb as I can be from time to time (or frequently according to "she who must be obeyed") something like this would never enter my feeble mind. Even if I could afford it.

I'm at the age when someone says, "Mine is bigger than yours" I just don't care, especially if it involves recoil.

I shot a 50 cal Vulcan twice and that was good for me. The recoil was not that bad but the muzzle blast from the brake was different.

What ever floats their boat.

I fired one round out of a single shot .50 BMG wearing foam ear plugs and ear muffs. Decided that was enough. I didn't get hurt, and my ears stopped ringing in a bout an hour, but I sure as little green apples didn't want to do it again. That rifle is about useless.

I've also fired an 8.5 lb (including scope) .338 Lapua, with a muzzle brake, pushing a max load behind a .300SMK. I could deal with that for 5 or six shots on the bench, a few more standing. But I'm glad I don't have to hunt with one. It was loud but not nearly as loud as the .50. Foam plus muffs was almost enough.

I like my .30-06 and 7mm Rem Mag. If it's too big to kill with them, I'm not going to hunt it.

Fitch

Back