Scope Trouble

Q

quickie2

My buddy has a Weaver T36 when you are looking through it it will go from crystal clear to blurry and shaky,but its not mirage and its not tired eyes,any help appreciated.

• Mirage off a barrel can cause that effect.
  • If the crosshairs haven't been correctly focussed by the user, the picture can start out clear then degrade as his eye quits working to correct the imbalance between the image & the crosshairs.
  • If the parallax is not correctly adjusted for the distance (if the scope isn't focussed for the target), the picture can start out clear then degrade as his eye .........

If its not barrel heat...

My buddy has a Weaver T36 when you are looking through it it will go from crystal clear to blurry and shaky,but its not mirage and its not tired eyes,any help appreciated.

as already mentioned it could be a lens or lenses that are loose in their cell(s). I had that happen to the front objective lens of a Nightforce a couple of years ago. I sent it back and they replaced the scope. Good luck and exhaust all obvious possibilities before you blame the scope.

Back