Scope suggestion

MRL

I have a FWB 3000S that I need to put a scope on any suggestions for a scope 12X or higher preferably with target knobs.

Scopes

Weaver makes an affordable 36x fixed power scope. The recticle is very fine though, so depending on your eyesight, may be OK, or not.

Sightron also makes a 36x fixed scope for a bit more money. Definitely a better scope.

Mueller has come out with a 40x fixed power scope for very little money. I'm going to get one to check it out. It's something like $279 so, if it's decent, that would be a great deal.

These are some of the more affordable (under $500) fixed power scopes I know of. Anyone else know of others?

Chas

Springer?

If this is a springer rifle make sure the scope will tolerate the impulse. PCPs have much lower impulse than springers.

If a Sightron 36x is what you're after...I have a 36x SII Big Sky that I bought as a backup when I was shooting BR. Its been used maybe once, otherwise it has just sat there.

I'm now certain that I no longer need it. I'd take 400.00 for it. The Big Sky version was about 200- 250$ more than the standard SII. I think I paid about 600.00 for it.

Mike

I have two FWB 300s set up for BR. I use Mueller 8-32X44 Target Dot scopes. Technically, they aren't springer rated, but the FWB is so gentle it hasn't hurt them. You can get them for around $250 and are excellent scopes in my opinion. I know a number of people that use them for BR and are well satisfied. The glass is excellent for a scope in this price range, plus you have the option to change the magnification to suit your likes. I have mine set at 28X. For serious competition I have Sightron S3 fine cross hair on my TM1000.

Last edited:
Mueller Scopes

I just got the 40x fixed power Mueller. Very nice. Clear, nice fine cross hair and dot. Pretty big and heavy. Won't make weight for LV, but would be fine for HV or Open.

I have two FWB 300s set up for BR. I use Mueller 8-32X44 Target Dot scopes. Technically, they aren't springer rated, but the FWB is so gentle it hasn't hurt them. You can get them for around $250 and are excellent scopes in my opinion. I know a number of people that use them for BR and are well satisfied. The glass is excellent for a scope in this price range, plus you have the option to change the magnification to suit your likes. I have mine set at 28X. For serious competition I have Sightron S3 fine cross hair on my TM1000.

I was using a Leupold 1/8" Target Dot Comp 40 X in my FWB 300 S just because the scope was waiting for another gun being made, I received the RAW TM-1000 and passed the Leupold to this gun and at this time I read another previous post of yours mentioning the Mueller 8-32 x 40 and for the price and your input it was a no brainner and I ordered one...I couldn't be any happier, for $230.00 I have a scope that keeps its POI consistently with pretty good optics; I haven't had any issues with the reticle and I believe I won't because as you say: The recoil of the FWB 300S is negligent...I use this gun for BR at 25 in the Springer class and if there is something I wish the scope had is turret caps or locking turrets...I dislike scopes that don't have this feature, very easy to accidentally move the POA settings but for my particular BR use it is fine..

Last edited:
Sooner or later the impluse / reverse recoil gets to them all. FWB 300 series is relatively sedate being only about 500fps in .177 unit. It's when you put one on something like a RWS48/52,or 54/56 that there meddle gets proven.

Back