Scope ring question

R

rob67gmc

Not sure if this is the right section or not.

My son just put a new scope on his Barrett .50 and doesn't have enough adjustment to go from 500yds to 1000yds. I told him I think there are rings with elevation built into them but not sure what kind or where to find them. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Rob

You need to fit a long range base with the elevation built into it. You can get Picatinny rails with taper from Nightforce.
However on .50 cal you need heavy duty mount systems. The good thing about the solid rail is you can fit extra rings to hold the scope from recoil slide .
I think Sinclairs could advise you on the latest systems.
However I think I remember the barret .50 cal already had 27 MOA elevation built into the sight mount rail ?
There is a couple of different models.
Anyway contact Barret and they might have a 27 MOA rail that can be fitted to your model.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just looked on the Barrett web site and the Model 99 scope rails are parallel with the bore. No rails were listed in the accessories section. I'll tell him to give them a call and also look at Sinclairs and Nightforce.

Thanks again,
Rob

The tapered scope rail is on this model- Model 82A1/M107 .
The scope rail on the 99 model is removable so it should be possible to buy one or get one made.
If Barret has not got a suitable scope rail then ask them if the rail from the Model 82A1/M107 can be modified to fit the 99.
Should be available as a spare part surley.
Might be just a case of cutting it to length and adding some extra mounting holes to line up with the existing action holes on the 99.

I told my son to give Barrett a call. He said he may have to wait awhile before he does anything with it, he'll be leaving for Iraq in about 2 weeks.

Wish your son the best from me and a safe return.

Back