Scope mount help for a Win 52B

P

Pbshooter

I recently acquired a Win 52B and know very little about this gun. It has the scope mounts on the barrel. The gun came with a Redfield front sight but with no rear site. What looks like a mount for sights is attached to the left side of the receiver ( about two inches long, attached to the receiver with two screws and having four holes for attaching the sights). If I am incorrect about this please point it out.

I did a search on this forum to find out how I can attach a modern scope. I think the BKL mount system attaches to the rear barrel mount block and serves as a cantilever mount. My concern is whether this single point mount is rigid enough. I also saw another custom mount.

Let me add that I have no plans to shoot this competively. My eyes don't do well with open sights or peeps. I would appreciate any suggestions on how to mount a scope so I can enjoy this fine rifle. Thanks.

Most of the Win 52 guns I have seen had the Unertl type scope mounts attached, one to the barrel and one to the action. From your description of the mount on the left side of the action, it sounds like a mount used for a rear peep sight. Most people end up drilling and tapping the action for scope bases.

Scope mount help for Win. 52B

I made one of the mounts from the above thread before I bought a Viani. If you have any questions, E-Mail me. Ron

Back