Scope height

K

kkayser

I am breaking in my new Anschutz 1913. I may need new mounts for the scope. Is is desirable to get the scope as low as possible? If not, what is the best height? Does the scope height affect accuracy of the rifle.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am breaking in my new Anschutz 1913. I may need new mounts for the scope. Is is desirable to get the scope as low as possible? If not, what is the best height? Does the scope height affect accuracy of the rifle.

For known distance BR shooting, I think scope height is a non-issue. I simply want the scope at a comfortable height and position. In fact, I really like the Harrell's offset rings. They offset the scope toward you by .500 inches. IMHO, they make the gun more comfortable to stay behind and keep my cheek off of the gun.--Mike

Really good idea.

For known distance BR shooting, I think scope height is a non-issue. I simply want the scope at a comfortable height and position. In fact, I really like the Harrell's offset rings. They offset the scope toward you by .500 inches. IMHO, they make the gun more comfortable to stay behind and keep my cheek off of the gun.--Mike

The offset rings sound like a really good idea. If I try to use my glasses I'm looking through the corner of the lens, and this fogs quickly. BKL also has offset rings.

Back