Scope For Rail ??

R.Morehouse

I am getting a rail together and was wondering if there is anything different that may be better or less desirable when choosing a scope for one. I use a March 50 on my LV gun and i have a 36-55 EPZ that will be doing double duty on a LV LR BR gun and the rail until i can get it it's own glass. Any suggestions for the rail would be appreciated & maybe any features to avoid such as a tight eye box ect......Thanks

Regards
Rick

With over 70 views and no response i guess it was kind of a dumb question.............Kind of a "just use what ya' got" answer......I Get .....I Get It.....LOL.....:cool:

I am getting a rail together and was wondering if there is anything different that may be better or less desirable when choosing a scope for one. I use a March 50 on my LV gun and i have a 36-55 EPZ that will be doing double duty on a LV LR BR gun and the rail until i can get it it's own glass. Any suggestions for the rail would be appreciated & maybe any features to avoid such as a tight eye box ect......Thanks

Regards
Rick
I use a March on all of my guns including the rail. 50 LR. But thats me. Go with as much power and clarity than you can afford.

Last edited:

Regards
Rick
Any scope that will enable you to see your bullet holes at your longest distance shot.
In the short range benchrest game anything from a Weaver/Leupold 36X up will work.
CLP

36X Up

Regards
Rick
Any scope that will enable you to see your bullet holes at your longest distance shot.
In the short range benchrest game anything from a Weaver/Leupold 36X up will work.
CLP

I agree that you need a scope that will allow you to see bullet holes and how far to crank when caught. If you shoot the rail properly you won't look every shot (my way). Heaven forbid that anything happens while shooting that would cause you to need a great glass.

I found a scope for the LR gun and decided to keep the March 36-55 EPZ w/fch on the rail, it is a unique variable that will work real well for me on the new platform............Thanks for the input......:cool:

Rick

Back