Schul 150 fireing pin spring replacement question.

matchman

Suhl 150 fireing pin spring replacement question.

I replaced my fireing pin spring. The original threaded lock/keeper was staked into position on the fireing pin . Upon removal the extra metal is no longer there to do a decent re-stake.
It threaded on tight due to the previous stake and I used 242 lock-tight (blue)
Think this is sufficient or is there a method I should have used ?
Thanks
Adam

Last edited:
I hate to recommend Rimfire Central, but go to the Suhl site and read up on FP replacement. Someone was kind enough to post my photos on this subbeject as well as others.

I don't think weak firing pin springs are a problem for the Suhl. I think it is the rough machining on the shank of the fp and the rough machining in the bore of the part that the fp shank slides back and forth in. I DO think that fitting an excessively stiff spring WILL overcome the friction induced by these rough surfaces BUT the correct fix is to smooth these surfaces enough to allow proper function.

Scribe a line across the back of the FP and monitor it. There is a lot of vibration and stress on that joint. I restaked mine when I worked on the rough surfaces. Next time only remove the staking not the whole backend of the part.

Last edited:
Ray,
I did not remove the back end of the fireing pin. The factory stake on mine was in the grove of the lock collar the FP threads were squished over.
SO I assume from your comment you stake the collar and the FP at the rear ?

Back