Savage Model 12F Class 6.5x284 Norma

T

Thunderbolt

A Savage Model 12F Class 6.5x284 Norma followed me home today. :D
Some quick checks shows the barrel is 30" long measures .989 diameter at the muzzle and the trigger breaks at 10 oz according to my trigger gage. Don't know much else about it. Did i do OK? Any load suggestions? Any suggestions?

Thunderbolt,

Yes, you did OK. I own 4 Savage rifles. Three of them in 12BVSS and one 12LRPV in 22-250 waiting to be load tested. The others are 223, 22-250
and 308. All with 12 oz triggers, 26in bbls. The 12LRPV is 1.018 at muzzle. The
.223 is .830 at muzzle. The others at .905 at muzzle. Nightforce 8x32x56
scopes. With custom handloads for YOUR rifle, you will be very happy.

Tbear:)

Yes sir!

I have decided, that exact model will be one of my next three purchases!
Since I just got the VLSS .223 and have committed to a stainless model 7 in 7mm-08 that a friend currently owns; I'm done for the year:( but early next year I will own that rifle and get my poor abused & absolute favorite rifle(6mm Rem) trued, rebarrelled and teflon coated. Am taking dad to Grices tomorrow to at least lay hands on one.
Do you know if it is available as rb/lp or just the standard rb/rp? It will be my first Savage but not the last if half what I read is true. I am VERY interested in an update on how your new rifle shoots & handles; good or bad.
Best of luck with it!!

Ginner,

From what I understand, SAVAGE will set up a rifle the way you would
like it. There is an extra charge for the extra work. Call their customer
service NO. 1 800 370-0708 and press #7.

Tbear:D

Well I went to Grices today and laid hands on that rifle. LOVE it! Dad even liked it and he's a rem guy to the core. Gotta admit for a factory rifle it's quite a piece.
Talked to the Rem factory rep and put a bug in his ear about the scarcity of 6mm Rems for hunting/carry guns.

Gotta admit for a factory rifle it's quite a piece.
That it what I thought. I had seen pictures of them on the Internet but never really planed on buying one till I actually handled this one and tried the out of the box trigger. For a production rifle in a reasonable price range you get a lot of rifle for the money.

I had been a long time Remington fan myself, a couple years ago I bought a Savage BVSS in 223 because of seeing a few at the range shoot so well. Was impressed with the out of the box accuracy of this compared to my two other Remington 700 HB 223s I own. If Savage keeps this up they may win me over for good.

From what my dealer has said this is the 5th one he has got in and has sold them all inside of a week of their arrival.

Information and testing on this Internet is somewhat limited because this rifle/ cartridge combination is so new but I did find this test some may be interested in. http://www.gunblast.com/Savage-12F.htm

Back