Savage Accutrigger Trigger

A

AWOLF

Hi,
I have a savage mod 10 with the accutrigger. I read that they also make the varmint and tactical trigger that go down to 6oz. Is this just a spring swap out? I can't seem to find much info and new this crowd is very well informed.
Thanks
AWOLF

Yes, the difference is in the spring. They are color coded but it's been a few years and I can't remember which color stands for what.

The difference is in the sear angle. Changing to a lighter spring will have very little effect on pull weight if any at all.

Savage

I have a Savage F-Class in 6mmbr, The trigger is set at 6oz.also the color is red.

I don't think a change can be made to change a standard accutrigger into a target accutrigger. It is, iirc a completely different animal.

To clarify, the difference between the sporter trigger and the varmint trigger is nothing more than a spring change. Those springs are color coded and changing spring tension will definitely have an effect on pull weight. Clip a coil, it makes a difference. The new target trigger I have no experience with therefore I don't know what the difference is but to go to 6oz. I would think it would have to be more than simply changing the spring.

The answer is in a post above here, the 6 oz. Accuatrigger has a different sear. The sear has a negative angle and is (IMHO) inconsistent and not of target quality.

Mine works fairly consistent when set at 10 oz, but below that is has some issues. I just sent a Target action to Fred at SSS for his Evolution trigger. I have replaced all of my other AccuTriggers with SSS triggers, but this will be my first Evolution trigger. Tim

Last edited:
Mine works fairly consistent when set at 10 oz, but below that is has some issues. I just sent a Target action to Fred at SSS for his Evolution trigger. I have replaced all of my other AccuTriggers with SSS triggers, but this will be my first AccuTrigger. Tim

Tim, if you mean "this will be my first Evolution trigger", I think you will be pleased. Fred's Evolution trigger is a huge improvement and is the only trigger that I've heard any Savage competitor say is bench rest quality. My Evolution triggers are all on target actions, not up to Jewel or Kelbly standards but close and untold amount better then the AccuTrigger or other aftermarket Savage triggers. There are a few competitors that are using the excellent, pre-production Jewel/Savage Benchrest trigger (that never made it to production and is not in the works).

savage trigger

I've used rifle basixs after market triggers which you can get down below 6 oz. its problely not as good as the evolution but a lot cheeper. the evolution is $300.00, and you have to send the gun in if I'm not mistaken.

I've used rifle basixs after market triggers which you can get down below 6 oz. its problely not as good as the evolution but a lot cheeper. the evolution is $300.00, and you have to send the gun in if I'm not mistaken.

It is $300 including timing and truing. All my actions have been previously T&T by Fred. The best $105 I have spent on any gun. It is around $200 for the trigger and that includes installation and the necessary inletting in the stock to make it fit.

Tim

Pre Accutrigger 12 BVSS Trigger Replacement

After searching on the web I have found out that pre accutrigger Savages can not be fitted with an Accutrigger. My pre Accutrigger 12BVSS needs a new trigger. A shooting pardner of mine is using the Rifle Basix. Does the pre Accutrigger 12BVSS take a different Rifle Basix trigger than the Accutrigger models? Any "been there done that" stories out there?

Thank you.

Jeffrey Tooker

I've tinkered with my 12FV accutrigger no 1.5lbs to be acheived. Tried cleaning up the sear and trimming a turn off the trigger reset spring. The spring mod no effect. Polishing the sear and trigger crisper better feel.

Can't get lighter springs from Savage or other sources.

Still would like a lighter pull does anyone have a 6oz accutrigger that they replaced for sale reasonable?

Back