Savage 6mm BR F-class in stock now

22Mag

I had just stopped over to see my "Gun Dealer" (my wife thinks I have to many guns) about .204 BK bullets and he showed me the new Savage F-class in 6mm BR Norma. They look nice BUT my wife will not let me have one YET.
If you are trying to find one give Jim @ Northland shooters supply a call.
Phone # is 763-420-7163

I would like to wait and see how these rifles make out.
Heard good and bad things about the 6.5x284

They feel nice, and a new barrel for them at the price they are asking still works for me. There is no reason to believe they will not shoot

Savage 6BR

I am a benchrester not a F-Class guy but I bought one to shoot in a match that has a factory class. The one of the major problems with the 6.5-284 was that they were throated out a mile and people could not even get near the lands with a 142gr bullet seated all the way out. The 6BR does not have this problem I am guessing the lead is somewhere between .070-.100. The chamber is well cut but could be a little better centered with the bore if I can complain with anything at all. The crown is well done, 90 deg recessed with a light 60 deg chamfer cut. The barrel (6 groove) looks good with a few light chatter marks left from reaming/rifling that were not lapped out. The trigger was aroud 5-6 oz out of the box. The stock tracks straight in my Farley rest with slight downward muzzle travel on recoil. I will shoot it tomorrow and let you guys know how it performs.

Good shooting,

Brian Moore

I believe 6mm br got one to do testing on and should be posting results soon

I just got one in a 6.5x284 and lands contact was a COL of 3.075 and lots of bullet into the neck still with a 140 SMK.

That is not too bad concidering.

I also have a 6mm BR on order.

If they are is easy to work with and as accurate as my 6.5x284 I will have no regrets for owning 2 of these rifles.

I ordered a 6BR from a dealer in Holland. It might take 4 months to get an export license from the US gouvernment. But I've to wait 4 more months for my license in Belgium.

I've got the Savage in 6.5 x 284, it does load long. I'm very pleased with it. I'm practicing to shoot my first F Class match, I put 10 shots in a group under 12'' at 1,000 yards. Not bad for a factory rifle.

Back