sako 75 custom single shot

T

tome

has anybody shot one of these in 308 ? 1/2' @ 100y from the factory..set trigger..hand fitted..glass beded,,24' fluted barrel..sako ejector.. single shot..a $3485 mspr..at closeout $$$

Just my thoughts,

You can build one nice rifle on anyone of the custom actions for the same amount or less.

Does not sound like a bargan to me?

Randy

thanks for the reply..but why try whrn you can get it from the factory..with a guarntee

Tome,

Trust me those factory guarntee are not worth much. They will have every excuse in the book for why you are not getting what they can do. Been there, done that.

A half minute 308 is not that difficult to build for alot less.

I am sure it is a nice rifle, but seems on the high side to me. You can build a full blown Bench Rest or F class rifle for that.

JMHO

Randy

Go Custom

A buddy of mine has a custom for sale that is in need of a new barrel. He will put any barrel you want on it and it will shoot better than 1/2 moa. Even with the worn out barrel it still shoots better than .5" 5 shot groups at 100 yards.

Match grade everything! With a new barrel for a ton less than the Sako. Send me a PM if you're interested. I have some pics of it around here someplace.

Adrian

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out Stiller's stuff

Go to Jerry Stiller's Web Site,

http://viperactions.com/

They can build you a custom rifle for alot less money that will shoot circles around a Sako. There are many other guys out there building great equipment.

Don't get me wrong, I love Sako actions, I have a few of them. But would never consider paying 3000+ for one.

Check the classified on this board, some great deals on there.

I have not check prices lately, but you can buy a 40X for under $2000.

Randy

i've used the site classified to buy 2 52's from larry cook..both nice guns..as far as the sako..the deal was to good to pass up..the factory guarntee is 1/2" was w/ factory ammo..w/ reloads..i expect better than !/2"...and i am tired of the gunsmith 2 step..annny day now..i just went thru this w/ a 243 remington..when i finally got it back 6mo latter..it shoots great.. but i'm not going thru that again

i assume you're talking about the sako.. i said i bought it at closeout $$..big question is ..how does it shoot..

Even if it was at 1/2 price, that's too much. You could build a better gun for much less.

hundereds less than 1/2 the msrp..you're still dealing with gunsmiths...annny day now

Last edited by a moderator:
Tome,

I got the impression from your first post you were paying close $3400. If you got the gun for 100's less than half, your prob ok.

Just don't expect that 1/2" MOA to be a reality! And if you think you had trouble dealing with gunsmiths, with till you have to go through proving to Sako that it won't hold 1/2" MOA, they will have every excuse in the book.

Also, when I am talking about a 1/2 MOA gun, I am talking about one that will agg at 1/2 MOA (5 five shot groups in a row that are under 1/2") . Trust me, a 308 factory rifle of any kind is going to have a hard time doing that. Sure, it will pop a 1/2" groupt sometimes.

You just have to be honest about what the accuracy of the rifle.

I shoot with a guy that tells me about his varmint rilfes that shoot in the .1's, truth be known, he shot a group one time that measured under .200", so he now has a gun that shoots in the 1's.... NOT

Bottom Line is if you got the gun for under $1500, you would be hard pressed to build a custom rifle that would be better for that. For $3400, I could build one that would shoot circles around it.

JMHO

I love my Sakos, I have three. I have a really nice one for sale right now. It is a Delux Finnbear 222 from the early 70's with less than 100 roiunds through it. I will be putting it on Gunbroker next week. I even have the origianal box if you know anyone interested. Starting price is going to be $1500.

Randy

i'm in slightly under that number,,even if worst case..i rebarrel..still under $2k..this model has a 8oz set trigger..beded..sako action..fluted barrel..all the good stuff it there..thanks for the reply

I've done minimal load developement on it sofar,but it's in the low .2s at this point @ 100, high .2s @ 200 it's by far the BEST FACTORY gun I've shot including several 40Xs and Sav F class.Yes you can build a rig but the factory niche thing is sort of a hobby of mine :eek:

I shot 50m br this morning..after it was over & the range opened..i shot a friends 6mmppc sako single shot @ 100m..it put 2 in one elongated hole & one laping that hole..another sako factory shooter..i have a ruger 1v in 6ppc that i had mike ruggerio accurize & it shoots about the same as this factory sako..no better after a lot of time & money

Back