RUMOR OR FACT? plastic 700 actions?

S

stevelong

Hello, I heard a rumor that Remington is discontinuing the 700 action as we used to know it, that they are soon to be somehow having a plastic and steel configuration? ANyone else heard anything like this?
Hoping I'm wrong, Steve.

That is a pretty wild rumor.

If true the company will not last long.

plastic 700

Hi Kansasvet, I just heard it last night, I bought a 1911 at a gunshop, & the gunsmith was talking about it, not prezactly sure where he got his information. Sometimes where there's smoke, there's fire, you know?
I surely hope it's not the straight of it.
Steve.

What would be wrong with a plastic action?? When aluminum actions with steel inserts first started to be made, many predicted the end of the world. The same when plastic handguns and shotguns were introduced.

It's the 21st Century. We have plastic airplanes, boats and cars. You'd better get used to the idea of plastic firearms (and ammunition too).:rolleyes::cool:

JMHO

Ray

plastic 700 rumor

Hi Ray, we're humans, we fight change......sometimes.
Seriously, I might be old enough & close enough to the brink (goner) that the onset of plastic 700 actions might not affect me all that much.
IF they went that way, I probably will pay the price & buy the older ones, unless the new ones happen to be a ton better, which I don't see as likely.
HEY, this dealer that told me last night might be 'wayyyy off.
I just wondered if anyone else had heard anything similar, don't mean to flame anyone. I'll sit back & see if anyone has heard of it.
Steve.

Steve

I don't think you flamed anyone - certainly not me. Like you, I'm old enough that new stuff won't have much impact.

BTW, I was one of the guys who predicted the end of the world when the aluminum cations came out. :cool: And the plastic rifle stocks. And the internally adjusted scopes. And the internal combustion engine.;);)

Ray

Hello, I heard a rumor that Remington is discontinuing the 700 action as we used to know it, that they are soon to be somehow having a plastic and steel configuration? ANyone else heard anything like this?
Hoping I'm wrong, Steve.

Have you seen the new 710 package??
plastic action with insert, press fit barrel, I shot one a couple weeks ago, a buddy bought sight unseen, biggest piece of junk ever made(it was brand new too!!!), he took it back in the box and returned it and demanded a refund( it took a little showing out but they did give him a refund).

Again the worst thing I've ever seen with the name REMINGTON on it!!!! I'm remington/savage man too

I think you're hearing a big rumor. The 710 was the closest thing to what you're talking about and it is being replaced with a new variant called the 770. Remington isn't going to drop their cash-cow, the 700, any time soon.

Remington 710 rifles are...

The Remington model 710 is a combination of action and plastic stock molded together...If you look at the metal of the 710 action you will see it is very minimal and uses the plastic stock as part of the action body...:rolleyes:
Not worth spit in my opinion, but for those first time buyers who would otherwise buy a surplus military Russian Nagat, or Bolivian Mauser(LOL) at the local 5 Star sporting goods store...it is a good choice (the 710 Rem.) to ensure ethical game kills...

Tyler

Considering that "Remington" is now owned by a private equity firm, Cerberus Capital Management, and is millions of dollars in debt, it's hard to think of their rifles as a cash cow. :rolleyes:

Ray

I don't pay much attention to rumors because that's all they are....rumors. They're usually false or only partially true. Wait and see.

Back