Ruger 10/22 bull barrel / target

T

Tikka T3

Looking at a Ruger 10/22 bull barrel / target rifle for the wife. Any one have or shooting one. We shoot a summer 22 league and she likes the semi-auto platform. Last summer she shot a 50th Anniversary model and got second in her class now she has to move up. Any info or suggestions appreciated.
Thanks.

Kidd guns and parts

You will not regret purchasing any items from him. Very Good stuff for 10/22

Why not?

Looking at a Ruger 10/22 bull barrel / target rifle for the wife. Any one have or shooting one. We shoot a summer 22 league and she likes the semi-auto platform. Last summer she shot a 50th Anniversary model and got second in her class now she has to move up. Any info or suggestions appreciated.
Thanks.

I have one with a Weaver T-36 on it. It has possibilities. It will not shoot as good as a bolt rifle with a custom action and barrell but it is closer than you might think. You can get this rifle for about $400 so it shoots very good for the money. With enough refinements, this rifle could do much better.

This 10-22 platform cannot be put down. Joe Chacon, who has started Automatic Benchrest Association has been doing very well this year with his. He has been averaging over 2,000 in ARA competition.

Why isn't this the right forum to discuss efforts to obtain the ultamate in rifle accuracy? The best shooters in the world post and read this forum. We should welcome new ideas or we will become irrevalant.

Concho Bill

10/22 build

Mike please feel free give me a call and I would be glad to help you put together a bench gun.
Joe 830-796-0815

I bought a used factory forged bull barrel 10/22 last year. The only modifications I have made to it: 1) add Nikon EFR scope (3-9x40); 2) changeout bolt charging rod; 3) add bolt "hold open"; and 4) add extended magazine release handle. My "go to" ammo is 40 gr. CCI MiniMag solid. It may not out shoot Anshutz benchrest rifles but it sure gives 'em fits. At 72 I don't have any realistic expectations of setting the benchrest world afire with my stellar marksmanship but I've sure learned the wisdom Col. Townsend Whelan shared many years ago: "Only accurate rifles are interesting."

I have a Ruger 10/22T (hammered finish Ruger bull barrel target) that will compete extremely well against any other 22. It did require a few modifications (Volquartzen trigger, ejectors, and other small mods). It carries a Weaver T24 scope.

However, it is extremely selective about ammo used. Mine thrives on RWS-100 and Eley Black Match EPS... producing one ragged hole at 50 yards benchrested. Lapua Midas X ok but not as well as the RWS or Eley. On inexpensive ammo does fair enough for general shooting with CCI MiniMags, and poorly with most other brands tried.

Back