Riverbend Tour de Force Shooting Display - Scott Dittman

crb

Ray Brooks
On a day when the winds were the most fickle and deceptive I have seen in my 3 years of competing at Riverbend Scott Dittman not only was the only shooter to shoot clean he also managed 30 X's. Brett Green actually had the high X count beating Scott by one X but two dropped points at 200 cost Brett any chance for the win. Your's truly, Ray Brooks, debuted the Metal Mayhem 30BR Viper and managed to place a surprised third place. I say surprised because I couldn't imagine that a 496-20x would earn some money. Bill Dittman and Dave Rabin had the misfortune to suffer a rare dropped point at 100 yards which gave us a total of 4 shooters with 496 points.

In the Modified class a new shooter, Gary Blevins, shot an excellent 495 10x for first in class and 8th overall. Nick Bauer was second with a 486 13x and Ben Foster was third with a 478 10X.

In the Factory class we had another outstanding score. Wayne Hunt shooting one of the new Savage 6BR's shot a great score of 493 but his 17X's is positively astounding for a production rifle. If not for an unfortunate dropped point at 100 yds his 15X's at 100 would have put him 5th at 100 up amongst the BR rifles. Dan McEvoy was 2nd with a 469 12X and Steve Black was 3rd with a 460 3X.

We had 17 shooters, the largest turnout for one of our club matches in several years. Full results below.

rbgcresults61309-1.jpg

Last edited:
First time I've shot a score match or pretty much anything else in a year but I'm surprised at how much harder the reticle scoring device is compared to a plug. I had one shot that was at the bare edge of detectability between an x and a 10 with the recticle but the plug went through almost 40% of the dot.

Thanks guys.
I want to call out Wayne Hunt shooting a 50-5x on his last target with an out of the box, stock, Savage in 6BR. And Dan McEvoy tried to match it, shooting back to back 50-4x's also with a stock factory rifle in .308.

I offered to buy both rifles....no takers.

Back