River Bend Gun Club Annual Fall Classic Shoot

Jim Andress

River Bend Gun Club
Time is fast approaching for the annual Fall Classic Tournament at River Bend Gun Club north of Atlanta Georgia, over the weekend of November 10th. This is an NBRSA registered shoot for Light and Heavy Varmint, at both 100 and 200 yards. Pre-registration is not required; cost is $50/day match fee and $10/night camping. We will be using 16 covered benches, and have plenty of covered loading area and RV/camping spaces with 30 amp hookups and water. For those of you who have not been here before, this is one of the premier facilities in the country, and we'd love to have you join us.

The club address is 588 River Bend Gun Club Road, Dawsonville Georgia 30543; note that for Map Quest or GPS you must put this address is exactly or it will take to the other side of the county!
Website is www.rbgc.org. Match Director is Jim Andress at 770-876-2351 or benchrest@rbgc.org. Hope to see everyone here!

11/4 update: Current forecast looks great for Wed thru Sun! For current conditions and forecasts for River Bend's private weather station, see http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=30534&sp=KGADAWSO12

NBRSA code for gate from Wed thru Mon is #2652

Last edited:
So looking forward to it! Me, Papaw, and my little cousin Dalton are all coming down to shoot!!! EVEN PAPAW IS GONNA SHOOT!!!! Looking forward to it.

Tell Uncle PawPaw not to burn my green Panda up. I may get it back some day. I hope Papaw is feeling better, he's a great guy.
So looking forward to it! Me, Papaw, and my little cousin Dalton are all coming down to shoot!!! EVEN PAPAW IS GONNA SHOOT!!!! Looking forward to it.

Lookin' at the 10-day fo'cast we gonna' have good weather for thissin'.

(Prasctcin my Southerin for down thea'--glory.)

One more note, for GPS'ers, for sure Magellan. The address River Bend Gun Club Road. River Bend must be entered as one word, Riverbend. Elstwise as Terry Leonard said, you will end up in a subdivision on the top of a ridge about 20 miles from the gun club.

One more note, for GPS'ers, for sure Magellan. The address River Bend Gun Club Road. River Bend must be entered as one word, Riverbend. Elstwise as Terry Leonard said, you will end up in a subdivision on the top of a ridge about 20 miles from the gun club.

I don't know about Magellan, but most GPS'es have the opposite problem - River Bend Gun Club Rd must be five distinct words! As a check, make sure River Bend Gun Club rd runs off of Hubbardsville Cir...
NBRSA match gate code Wed thru Mon is #2652

The Hoodlums will be there Thursday with two Boston Butts and about 150 of Jamie's flaming meatballs, bring your own anti acid. It's been verified by popular vote, three out of five will need it.
Cheryl, Jamie and Charlie

Below is a print screen of the Google Earth view of the club.

The lat/lon of the range we will be shooting from is:
34 20 14.49N
84 14 41.53W

Just copy and paste those coordinates into google search and it will take you there, map or satellite view.

RBgoogleearth.jpg

Been a long time since I've been down there. Is there any concession stands or food available or is it bring your own bologna sandwich?

This is one of my favorite shoots...so sorry to have to miss it...everyone shoot well and Charlie, Cheryl and Jamie will feed you well.

i agree glen one of my favorites. hate i will miss it. hope you have a good turn out Jim. everyone be safe

Back