Rimfire matches - how far from Gallatin, TN?

Rob Propst

General Member
Hey All-
I’m relocating to Gallatin, TN next week. A fantastic opportunity opened up (suddenly) so I’m southbound. The family will follow in about 6 months. Once again I should have time & resources to shoot. What ARA, IR & RBA events are within a 2 hour drive? What about 3 hours?
Thanks-
Rob

Here is a great resource for finding BR ranges..
http://www.killoughshootingsports.com/Webs/RangeMaps.html

A quick look shows Caldwell Co to be 124 miles, both ARA and 50/50. Sandhill and Chatanuga are just over 160 miles and Genes and Magic City, Al are just a bit further...all ARA. Don't know anything about RBA.. They will have to chime in..

Crc

I'm in Lavergne,Tn. just southeast of Nashville and I shoot ARA in Chattanooga at the Chattanooga Rifle Club. It is a two hour plus drive and their time is one hour ahead of us and the range opens at 7:30 AM and the match starts at 9:00 AM.
There is a match 30 miles north of Birmingham, Al. at Genes range and it is three hours south.
If you want give me a call and I will fill you in. Steve 615-213-2164

Come on down...

...Rob. Mickey Law can send you his annual compilation of rimfire shoots in the southeast; just ask him. In addition to Gene's in Oneonta area (ARA and IR 50/50) Magic City in Birmingham is scheduled to offer ARA once a month.
We'll be glad to have you on third Saturday at Central Alabama Gun Club (outside Montgomery).

Rob,
Kettlefoot and Wilderness are a little farther(4 hours) but have some good shoots. They are Bristol and Kingsport, TN

Thanks for the info

Thank 'yall for the replies. Looks like I’ll be driving longer distances than previous years to attend matches.
Gerald- I already have Owensboro's schedule on my calendar. I’ll need directions to the Owensboro range & Caldwell Co.
I’ll be at Wood Township & Livonia some this year. It’s good to be shooting again!
Thanks again-
Rob

Back