Rimfire Headspace Question

bigh

Is there a optimum headspace setting or range for .22 rimfire? I read .043" etc. Will acceptable settings produce same accuracy say between .041" .046" ? Thanks

I'm sorry no one has responded to this question, or the question about Sako parts. .043 is a pretty good place to be on headspace. I have a pair of much modified Sako 94's & since the headspace can be easily adjusted on the rifles, I lean towards tighter, rather than looser. The Sako's were very popular in benchrest competition before the custom actions became readily available. As to spare parts, Sako is now owned by Beretta, so work thru their Website as well as Brownell's. Clearly used Sako's are around & I expect most owners are hoarding what spare parts they have. I had a lot of fun with my Sako's & maybe I will again if the ammo company's will do a better...hell, I won't get into that !!

My two custom rfbr rifles have headspace that measures .042.. They both shoot great for me..

JMHO

Dave

I'm sorry no one has responded to this question, or the question about Sako parts. .043 is a pretty good place to be on headspace. I have a pair of much modified Sako 94's & since the headspace can be easily adjusted on the rifles, I lean towards tighter, rather than looser. The Sako's were very popular in benchrest competition before the custom actions became readily available. As to spare parts, Sako is now owned by Beretta, so work thru their Website as well as Brownell's. Clearly used Sako's are around & I expect most owners are hoarding what spare parts they have. I had a lot of fun with my Sako's & maybe I will again if the ammo company's will do a better...hell, I won't get into that !!

Thanks Glynn, I actually was thinking about buying the Sako mentioned in the earlier thread but when I seen parts were scarce I passed it up, I have a few other 22's and will be checking the headspace on those.

Back