Rimfire Borescope Photos and a Question

mrh1958

Wanted to get some input on chamber cleaning, I have never noticed this before but I seem to be getting leading the full length of my chamber plus the carbon/lead ring to. This is a factory barrel. Anyone seen this before ? Is this normal ? Brushing seems to get some of the leading out but not all of it. I am posting a few pics taken with bore scope.

The chamber mouth is at the right in this photo:

FBHqdw1.jpg

The chamber mouth is on the left in this photo"

h3rNTLI.jpg

This is the lead ring at the end of the case:

SLSh7tZ.jpg

Hi Mrh1958, you have posted some very interesting photos.
It’s difficult to say if this is normal, not knowing how many rounds have been fired.
I clean after every match or practice and have not seen fouling like this.

Bob

Hi Mrh1958, you have posted some very interesting photos.
It’s difficult to say if this is normal, not knowing how many rounds have been fired.
I clean after every match or practice and have not seen fouling like this.

Bob

This is after about 80 rounds of Eley Target

You need to post pictures of the barrel devoid of fowling. Your answer will probably be revealed.
Time to brush, JB, brush.

You need to post pictures of the barrel devoid of fowling. Your answer will probably be revealed.

JB used properly works, lots of guys use it improperly and ruin barrels.....lots of barrels.
get some SharpShootr No Lead, plug one end of a badly leaded barrel and fill it....let it stand over night, empty, patch out, clean metal.
You're not likely to find a safer, easier way to get lead out.
Send a picture after.

I will do that soon as I clean it.....I have looked after cleaning and its clean as can be and the chamber doesn't look rough . Thanks

Back