Right port Teddy

Dan H

Has anyone added a right port to a Teddy? The purpose would be to push the spent case out while loading a fresh round, also to lighten up the gun (easier to make weight). Would there be a concern about weakening the action considering the Teddy is such a long action or long foot print. Just for those that might ask, this particular Teddy is a left port right bolt. I'm not concerned about decreasing the value of the gun as I'll probably never sell it.

Thanks
Dan

Thinking back to a Panda I had(similar style), would it even be possible to push the case out the right side?

I'm thinking with the extractor on the left side of the bolt, trying to push the case out the right side would keep it hooked on the extractor. You'd probably have to nudge the case to the left, to release it from the extractor, then push it out the right. Kind of defeats the whole purpose. I suppose you could extract a case and try pushing it to the right before cutting the port, just as a test.

Am I thinking correctly here?

As an alternative, I've seen some mighty fast shooters pull the bolt back, throw a fresh round in the chamber, and then sweep the spent case out of the port, all in one smooth motion.

I have seen a lot of "dual" port pandas.
I think the best person to ask would be one of the Kelblys.

Has anyone added a right port to a Teddy? The purpose would be to push the spent case out while loading a fresh round, also to lighten up the gun (easier to make weight). Would there be a concern about weakening the action considering the Teddy is such a long action or long foot print. Just for those that might ask, this particular Teddy is a left port right bolt. I'm not concerned about decreasing the value of the gun as I'll probably never sell it.

Thanks
Dan
Danny, Kelblys can add the right eject to your bolt for about $75. Thats the TG (Tommy Griffin) ejector. I don't know what they charge to mill the right port. John Lewis and I did one on a Panda but it cuts up against the serial number so we stopped there. Kelblys can recut the s/n and logo somewhere else if the port cuts it out. Call Tommy at Kelblys and ask him. He's the one who would do the work anyway. Call me, I need to tell you something anyhooo!

Edit- I just happened to think, if your Teddy is a RBLP, to make it a right eject you would need a new bolt too in addition to cutting the right eject port. The one John and I did was a RBRP and Tommy added the Right Eject kicker to the left side of that bolt, After Tommy modified the bolt and the bolt release all John and I had to do was cut a left loading port.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply's guy's, I guess that project needs a little more consideration. Now then Francis, how is OUR buddy doing? Haven't heard or seen much from Joe lately.

Dan

Thanks for the reply's guy's, I guess that project needs a little more consideration. Now then Francis, how is OUR buddy doing? Haven't heard or seen much from Joe lately.

Dan
As to your and Francis's buddy, he skipped out on his promise to set flags at the Super Shoot and we (mainly Bob Scarborough Jr with loans from Bart and Smiley) had to scrounge to find enough flags for that rotation!!

As to your and Francis's buddy, he skipped out on his promise to set flags at the Super Shoot and we (mainly Bob Scarborough Jr with loans from Bart and Smiley) had to scrounge to find enough flags for that rotation!!

I do remember that, not a good thing. I'm sure he had a very good reason, right Francis.

Dan

Dan I did this to a Teddy only mine is left bolt right port and left eject..........I just bought another bolt but have often wondered if the extractor could be installed in the opposite bolt lug and plunger ejector installed, after all this wouldn't weaken the bolt.........Ian

Back