Rifle Recommendations for ARA Factory Class

bigh

Which currently produced rifles would be a good choice for the new ARA factory class ? As I understand the rifle has to retail for less than 1000.00 Thanks in advance.

Which currently produced rifles would be a good choice for the new ARA factory class ? As I understand the rifle has to retail for less than 1000.00 Thanks in advance.

I am planning on using a 10/22 that I tested and it's freak rifle. Great accuracy at 50 yards...Only thing I changed was the trigger! Click on the picture for approved rifles.

aralist.jpg

Is that list up to date

By that list a 540xr Rem would be legal, someone posted it would not be.
Would like to see a list of rifles used in matches. Hope everyone is safe and we can
start shooting again.

By that list a 540xr Rem would be legal, someone posted it would not be.
Would like to see a list of rifles used in matches. Hope everyone is safe and we can
start shooting again.

I am pretty sure if you check with ARA, the 540XR would not be legal. There are several rifles not listed on the above list that can not be used. Check with the sanctioning body to be sure.

Most of the big score cards have been shot with CZ's, from what I have seen.

I am using the KIDD upgrade kit..used the 105.00 trigger kit...When I get time I am going to get real world numbers. I am also ordering some ARA factory targets and seeing if it really can do the job.

Last edited:
I am using the KIDD upgrade kit..used the 105.00 trigger kit...When I get time I am going to get real world numbers. I am also ordering some ARA factory targets and seeing if it really can do the job.

The LVT's, in general, have always had a good reputation since they first came out. Keep in mind, as with all mass produced rifles, some are better than others. I saw and posted on your thread on RFC about ammo choices and learned there what your goal is with this rifle. I shot a couple of indoor ABRA matches this winter and all the Factory guys were shooting LVT's. Also keep in mind to be competitive at any level of RFBR you have to put in the work.

Good luck with the new venture!

To the OP, going the 10/22 route gives one another sanctioning body to play in, ABRA Factory class. If ABRA and ARA are both in your area you can get more opportunities to compete.

I am also building an unlimited rifle with the New Vudoo BR action...I am thankful we are shooting family and my wife and I shoot a lot of different stuff..As far as the work, we are both A-type competitors and practice is in our DNA...lol She is not fan of BR but will shoot it! She is mainly a F-class TR sponsored shooter! So that's her focus! The only reason I started BR is I run all the action shooting at our range and was ask to add something for our winter Texans that come in...Found ABRA and added it to a weekend and thought it was fun! Luck for me my F-class rest works perfect for the sport. My Vudoo 22 I use for PRS style shooting also worked out well in the Heavy Barrel Division. I hoping to help out another range setup ARA Factory in our Area in the next 2 or 3 months so getting the 1022 was the best option.

Back