RF barrel tuner needed

Travelor

I just has my Turbo benchrest RF rifle re barreled with a Lilja reverse taper barrel. The muzzle is 1.200" in diameter. My Harrell's tuner will not open up that large without cutting into the tension screws.

Who makes a tuner than will fit this barrel?

I just has my Turbo benchrest RF rifle re barreled with a Lilja reverse taper barrel. The muzzle is 1.200" in diameter. My Harrell's tuner will not open up that large without cutting into the tension screws.

Who makes a tuner than will fit this barrel?

Lowey Tuners in Australia will custom fit one to your barrel. Price is right, shipping not expensive, and quick delivery. I have two and my 22RF shoots great with it, not so good without it. It has an indexing ring which stays on the barrel so you can remove the tuner for cleaning and put it back on the barrel in exactly the same spot......... very cool and useful.

Thanks

Lowey tuners are not offered in 1.200" size, but thank you for the reply.

I have shot the gun with 4 types of very good target ammo. I know each RF barrel seems to like only specific brands and lots. So far I'm getting vertical.

Checked the Classified section with no luck.

I have found no tuners for RF that will allow for a 1.2" barrel.

then you will need to make an adapter to bring the 1.2 down within the realm of the current tuners or make your own tuner.

This one might fit but it would be very expensive. It has a collet style attachment with the bolt edges over 1.2 inches.

AT7 collet.JPG

AT7.jpg

AT7parts.jpg

Last edited:
I actually didn't know that Lilja made a reverse, though I have used and like a number of Benchmarks. With the Benchmark, as far as my experience goes, the ones which are that size on the muzzle end are made to be counterbored for sporter class, with the tuner cut internally to get around the no attached tuner rules. The most logical solution would be to turn it down to a more manageable diameter. The danger is that if the bore isn't taper lapped sufficiently, you could end up with a loose muzzle.

Back