Rests too for front

Hobbsy

Good day folks I'm new to this so sorry if it's wrong I was wondering what a good rest top would be best for bench shooting IR 50/50 style targets. I'm making my own base and figured it would be easier to by a top but I would like to have plenty of windage and elevation any thoughts would help or second hand items as well thanks again and have a good day

GO ASK ON THE RIMFIRE/22 FORUM
for a quicker reply

Good day folks I'm new to this so sorry if it's wrong I was wondering what a good rest top would be best for bench shooting IR 50/50 style targets. I'm making my own base and figured it would be easier to by a top but I would like to have plenty of windage and elevation any thoughts would help or second hand items as well thanks again and have a good day

There is a fellow in Maine that makes windage adjustable rest tops. His name is Dan Greenlaw. He does have a web site. Don,t pay any attention to retired. He thinks he is the Internet Po Po.

John

I use my same rest for 100 to 1000 yds and now I am playing around 50/50 and am still using the same one. I don't think it is any disadvantage at this point. Maybe a some point I my need something special but now, different lots of Lapua seem to have more effect than the rest or rear bag..... jim

Look up Ernie Bishop (Seb Rests) I know as of a few weeks ago he had a few tops that go on the Seb Mini. They are a high quality joy stick type that have a large adjustment window. Ernie can answer all your questions.

Regards
Rick

FWIW you ‘d be miles ahead by looking for a good used setup if you plan on actually shooting matches.
If not the SEB top is quality as is Shadetree’s Farley type joystick top.

Hobbsy,
You say you are “new to this”. Does that mean new to the internet or new to IR 50/50 shooting? If you are new to IR 50/50, I would suggest you ask on the rimfire page as those guys will give you a more intelligent answer from experience in that discipline. I say this because you may be better off attending a match or practice session with an experienced shooter (IR 50/50), a mentor of sorts, and get some inside dope on what you need and like. Everyone is different. I would hesitate to plunk down $Big Bucks and find it isn’t what’s needed or desired. And this is coming from a guy with years of experience in center fire but near no experience in rimfire. I’m your friend and I don’t even have anything to sell except rimfire thickness gauge.

It also would depend on what discipline of IR50 you're planning on shooting. In Unlimited you can use a 1 pc. rest. In Sporter or 3Gun it must be a 2 pc. setup.
If a 2pc. setup is what yo're after then the majority of us use a Randolph. With these you have the ability to change tops. You can have 2 tops for a 2 1/4 & 3 inch bags or they have an adjustable version.
They can be seen here;http://www.randolphmachine.com/index.html
They also have a 1 pc version that accepts the same tops. As do most all the rests regardless who makes them.
There are other alternatives depending on your budget but as was said, buy once cry once.

Keith

Back