Renaissance miro - crystalline wax

S

schooner

Hi Guys (Newbie Still Here)

I bought this wax a few days ago and forgot why I did that (lost my mind) . . . lol
Can you guys tell me what you primarily use this wax for?

At my age I still find myself in the bathroom and not knowing WHY I'M THERE!

THANKS GUYS
schooner

I usually know why I'm in the bathroom...but it ends there!

Don't know why you bought that wax either but it sounds like some really good stuff !!! How big is the container it's in?

I have used it for rust protection, but if you don't care how the item looks while being preserved, LPS3 works better. It also does a pretty good job cleaning up some metal staining.

GsT

Renaissance wax

This is what I use for longer term protection against rust. Used here by NRA museum and recommended by the director at the time.
Not in bore for me though. Just normal there. It seems to work good and not problem with some normal handling of guns or knives.
A little goes a long way.

Back when Federal made the Match Rimfire ammo w/the dimple, the ammo leaded terribly due to a poor lube. I found that the above Wax stopped the "barrel leading", however the Ammo still shot poorly in my Match rifles.

If you want to know more about Renaissance wax hop on over to RF Central and check out post by noremf in the stock making section. You'll never look at waxes the same again.

Dennis

Its great for metal protection, makes blued guns look like glass, its does ok on wood to but I like Johnsons best for wood stocks

Back