Remington 37 trigger

BR549

I know this is a really long, long shot but I'm looking for a Canjar\Kenyon or other aftermarket trigger for my Remington 37 .22lr (I do believe the rifle was built in Aug. 1950). Did the trigger adjustment, and the best I can get was a little of 2 lbs. Maybe that is the best it can get, I don't know. Would like though, to get it down to around 10 oz(ish) since this is the Unlimited class rifle in our clubs Benchrest. I've tried all the regular avenues, GunBroker, Ebay, etsy, etc. but came up empty.

Thank you in advance.

Bernie

What you need is patience. Kenyon and Canjar triggers come up once in a while on e-bay et all. You may increase your odds of finding one by telling every shooter you know you want one.

The best you can get a factory Miracle trigger is about 2 pounds. Butch Hongisto knew how to get them much lower but I'm not sure he is doing such work any longer. I have not spoken with him in years.

The Canjar is a nice trigger. There are three variations so if you find one know what you want before laying out good money. The trigger housing is labeled 37-1 37-2 or 37-3 if my memory serves.

The Kenyon for a 37 is a 2 ounce trigger. You must drill a hole in the rear portion of the receiver to install one and remove the magazine catch. They are elegant triggers with a grand history. I'm fortunate to own several. The last one I bought was new in the packaging as from Karl and included his hand written instructions. I think I paid $700 for it off e-bay.

Have not seen another for sale in years....but I'm not looking under rocks for one either. Do not neglect looking at 37 rifles as you might get real lucky finding a rifle with one in it, although maybe not advertised as such. Karl made both curved and straight blade triggers so just looking at a photo might not reveal the gold inside. If a photo shows the telltale access hole in the lower rail say a prayer and find some cash. Good luck in your hunt. bob

May just have what you need

Bernie, give outbackgunparts.com a try. You can get the phone number on the web site.
Good luck. Bob

What you need is patience. Kenyon and Canjar triggers come up once in a while on e-bay et all. You may increase your odds of finding one by telling every shooter you know you want one.

The best you can get a factory Miracle trigger is about 2 pounds. Butch Hongisto knew how to get them much lower but I'm not sure he is doing such work any longer. I have not spoken with him in years.

The Canjar is a nice trigger. There are three variations so if you find one know what you want before laying out good money. The trigger housing is labeled 37-1 37-2 or 37-3 if my memory serves.

The Kenyon for a 37 is a 2 ounce trigger. You must drill a hole in the rear portion of the receiver to install one and remove the magazine catch. They are elegant triggers with a grand history. I'm fortunate to own several. The last one I bought was new in the packaging as from Karl and included his hand written instructions. I think I paid $700 for it off e-bay.

Have not seen another for sale in years....but I'm not looking under rocks for one either. Do not neglect looking at 37 rifles as you might get real lucky finding a rifle with one in it, although maybe not advertised as such. Karl made both curved and straight blade triggers so just looking at a photo might not reveal the gold inside. If a photo shows the telltale access hole in the lower rail say a prayer and find some cash. Good luck in your hunt. bob

Thanks Bob for your response. I've been looking for several months, and like you suggested been asking everyone I know if they have any triggers. And the information that you stated, I did not know, so thank you for the education.

I did try to get in contact with Butch, but his phone is disconnected and emails are returned as undeliverable. Heard he was really great at triggers. So I'm assuming that he's went out of business/retired.

Thanks again for all the info Bob, it's greatly appreciated.

Bernie

Bernie, give outbackgunparts.com a try. You can get the phone number on the web site.
Good luck. Bob

Thank you Bob for the great lead. I did call them, and he said he had a lot of Canjar triggers, but don't think he had one for a 37. But he did say to call back in a couple of hours, which I will. So hope is not lost.

Bernie

Back