Rem 700 thread pattern action

I have a number of good hunter class barrels that I would like to use but the Remington actions I have are now all opened up to clean the action threads therefore the barrels don't fit tightly. If there a custom action available that has 1 1/16" 16tpi threads and a Remington 700 footprint? I want a tighter fitting bolt than factory since it will be used for benchrest competition. I also don't want to have another 700 action accurized.
Thanks,
Al Elliott

Pierce and Defiance.......

I would double check with these makers to be 100% sure they use 16TPI instead of 18TPI, before laying down the cash.

Don't some of the Savage actions use 1" x 16? That would really suit.

My Defiance is 16 TPI and a Remington barrel will screw into it but it has a long tenon. He might make 700 clones that have the regular short tenon.

I will no longer ruin a 700 by recutting the threads either.

I have a Stiller Predator action that I use with Rem Barrels. Very nice action.

For the $ it is a very good deal. Much better than any of my 40X actions.

Octopus

The Stiller Predator and Tac 30 and 300 actions have 1 1/16-16 threads. They are basically the same thread setup as a Remington depending upon how thick a recoil lug you use.

The Stiller Predator is excellent. Out of the box perfect!

I am using these to replace my Rem 40X actions.

The Predator action is NOT a benchrest action, it is a repeater with a magazine cut out and a corresponding large loading port. The bolt has most clearance than one would typically expect on a pure BR action but is far, far better than any 700 action.

"The Predator line of actions are designed for hunting type of use. It can also be used for competition use in highpower and long range benchrest. It is a stainless steel drop in replacement for the Remington 700 series actions. It is available in both single shot and repeater versions in both right and left bolt."

From Stiller's web sight.

Back