Rem 40X in a Big Bore Panda inletting

jpretle

Wondering if the 40X can go into a Big Bore Panda inletting w/o major modifications. Concerned about the action screw spacing and bolt handle slot location. Wish I had a Panda to make the comparison my self, but I don't. Hoping some one can help me out.
Thanks, Jim

Not really. You'd have to pour a lot of epoxy, and then redo the tang. Maybe with all the epoxy you could get the bolt to fit in its existing slot, but were it me, I'd just get another stock -- or better yet, keep the stock & get a Big Bore Panda.

Thanks Charles, hadn't considered the amount of glass needed to fill the voids. I just have a chance to p/u a Master Class that had a BB Panda in it and was trying to find out if the front and rear guard screws would line up. Can't seem to find measurements for this or what might be the distance from rear screw to center of bolt handle root.

Wondering if the 40X can go into a Big Bore Panda inletting w/o major modifications. Concerned about the action screw spacing and bolt handle slot location. Wish I had a Panda to make the comparison my self, but I don't. Hoping some one can help me out.
Thanks, Jim
I believe Jon Loh does/did make an aluminum sleeve for the Remington actions that has a Panda footprint.

http://www.jj-industries.com/

Back