Rem 40X Firing Pin Travel

Measuring from the cocked position to the front of the firing pin in fired position it seems to be about .175 of an inch. Not a very scientific answer but close as I can get Wayne

cool guys. i am just positioning the cross pin trigger n my action so I have a right amount of pull back (cocking piece).
let's say that i position the cross pin trigger so I end up having .175" and the impact of the FP is too weak, i always can install
a "heavier" spring, right? and vice-versa. correct if i am wrong.
thanks you!
mfg

Most of my 40Xs have PTG bolts so that is what i measured. After shortening the firing pins to the right length I had to install 30# springs to make them fire reliably. I think the standard springs are 26# but not sure. Wayne

Thanks Wayne.. big help!!! Do you think that I will be safe between .175" and .200" fall using the PTG (I already have a PTG bolt)? I will just
place the cross holes correctly inside of SolidWorks.
Thanks you!
MFG

I don't know what the factory location is for the trigger mount pins, but if you can find it that is what I would use. That way you can use either a factory or PTG bolt. You will also be able to use any Remington 700 aftermarket trigger. Vary from the factory spec and you could end up with big problems. Wayne

Cool Wayne. No worries. I will place the cross pins so I have around .175" - .200" travel.
Thank you again!
Regards
MFG

Back