Reload information

C

copnjax

I am looking for anyone who may have the rifles I've listed below, and who reload their own ammo. I'm interested in what others reload and get the best accuracy from. I realize each rifle is different but, this will give me a "starting load" to start with, if that makes any sense. I just bought an RCBS Pro-2000 press. I do have a current reloading book but, just wanted to know what you people have found to be the best for you.
Here's the rifles I'll be loading for:

Ruger M77 MkII .280 cal. rifle
Ruger M77 MkII "Frontier" .300 WSM
Savage Model 111 30-06
Browning A-bolt .300 WSM

All are bolt-action rifles. If anyone has any of these rifles, please tell me what your reload recipe is. I know all rifles are different but, it would give me a good starting point.

You seem to be searching for a short shortcut. At todays component prices one cannot blame you.
Shortest road to accuracy I know is an Audette ladder test. You should be able to google up an explanation on the web.
This test will give you a starting point and usually be very close to the final load.
If you've conducted and interpreted the test correctly some minor tweaking of the charge and seating depths should reward you with the most accurate load with your chosen components.

300 WSM--Reloader 15 or 19 with 165 gr bullets. Start 10% under max and work up grain at a time.

Do not go for max-will be more accurate somewhere less than max.

Sierra reloading books will give 'most accurate' and 'best hunting' load for each bullet weight/cartridge. Start out several gr under those and work up to the recommended load.

Some books have "accuracy" loads, Nosler I am sure does, as does Sierra. This is as good a place as any to start. No two rifles normally prefer the same load. What works in your Browning WSM for example likely won`t be the "best" load in your other WSM.

i have a browning 300wsm ,it likes RL22 68 GRAINS ,215 PRIMER and a 165GRN HORNADY INTERLOCK. will hold 10 ring at 100yds if i do my part. load is safe no pressure problems in my rifle. use load on whitetails works really well.

Back