redfield and lyman scopes

MD5200

does anyone know anything about the redfield 6400. does anyone still use them. also does anyone work on them. same questions about the lyman target and super target scope. thanks in advance md5200

Absolutely they are still being used. Check out the prices they go for on E-bay. We have come full circle with the guys now freezing their internal adjustment scopes and paying big money for the adjustable mounts.

I have a 20X Lyman SuperTargetSpot on my most accurate rifle because they deserve each other. bob finger

Vintage Scope

Have these old girls on my Rem 37, 40x and Win 52. . Love the look on peoples faces when you bring them out-PLUS they work.

6400 memories

I had one mounted on a custom made heavy barreled 22/250 about 35 years or so ago. I gave it up when leupold came out with the "shorter" adjusting AO arc(180 degrees?). In the field(200-350yds) it was a bit of a hassle getting a clear picture-i.e. adjusting the AO. But for target shooting, it was awesome-12 ga. shotgun shells at 200 yds were the norm. Mine was a 14X with extra fine xhairs. It rings my bell everytime I see one for sale-great memories! Stan-share your sport:)

Tasco & Balvar

These had pretty good optics a well.
BalVar24.jpg

The classic scopes are great!

My Winchester 52E came w/ the Lyman 20X scope and Weaver extension rings the original owner mounted on it in 1973. When I first got it; I considered pulling it off and installing a B&L 36X and Burris Signature Zee rings. But, I tried it "as-is" first, and found it a delight! I now know it would be wrong to sperate them.

100_0688.jpg

100_0542.jpg

Don't forget the great Redfield 3200 scope, A 24X on my Winchester 52D

100_0507.jpg

100_0501.jpg

Another Redfield 24X on my Himmerli .308 Winchester

100_0886.jpg

Back