Reamer needed

L

LC Smith

Need a 6-06 finishing reamer. Anybody got one they would part with?

Very true. I was just wondering if someone had a used one. No sense buying new if I don't have to.

Try a rental from Elk's Ridge

Give Elk's Ridge a try. Can get a rental for $26 for a solid or $36 for a floating pilot. My gunsmith has used them on 3 of my barrels. A good sharp reamer ever time. http://www.reamerrentals.com/ And they carry the 6-06

Luck, tiny

Reamers are like underwear

Most people who own a reamer are real particular to they loan it to. That is if they will loan it at all. You are asking to borrow someones $150.00 precision tool. The only reamers I have ever had that chattered were reamers sent to me by customers who had had previous chambers cut by another smith. I inspect reamers sent to me to use by customers under a comparison microscope. It is very common to see a reamer with chips and dings in them. They also may have excessive wear due to mis uses and abuse. I have always heard good things about Elk Ridge and think they serve a very good purpose therefore it is my policy not to lend out reamers. Reamers are a specilized tool that is never the same after each use. I feel you are asking for trouble when you borrow or lend reamers. If you are looking to buy a used reamer now that is a different matter.

Rustystud

Rustystud,
Where in my post did I mention borrowing a reamer? I will answer for you. I didn't............

Back