RCBS Chargemaster problem

Worker

Has any one ever needed to send theirs in for repair ? Mine won't calibrate,in the LED screen to arrows are showing one pointing to stable the other to link?:confused:

Has any one ever needed to send theirs in for repair ? Mine won't calibrate,in the LED screen to arrows are showing one pointing to stable the other to link?:confused:

I thought mine had gone bad at one time and noticed that the rubber feet it sets on were backed out just a little. Apparently they need to be just snug. Don't know if this will help yours or not but it sounds simslar to what mine was doing. If not, call RCBS and they may be able to help on the phone or have you send it in. I think their turnaround time is quite good if repairs are needed.----Mike Ezell

Call the 800 number in the manual Mon-Thurs (hours are on back). Ask for Don Legg Jr. He can probably talk you through most problems. I use Don to reprogram dump speeds.

+1

Call the 800 number in the manual Mon-Thurs (hours are on back). Ask for Don Legg Jr. He can probably talk you through most problems. I use Don to reprogram dump speeds.

That is great advice on ANY electronic device. I deal with PACT and they continue to help me reset my ancient balance beam killer. If that doesn't solve it, I just mail it back and they fix it free, no questions asked.I have a new PACT Dispenser Combo, but haven't had the chance to set it up yet. I
chose PACT because of their customer service.

I feel sure RCBS will do the same. It is sure worth a phone call. They only company in the reloading business that does not back up their products for life are Lyman & Lee. (They could have changed, but I only get burned once)

One other hint........If you own ANY battery powered scale, don't do like I did and try to thump the old battery loose. It will wreak havoc on those delicate settings. It was stupid on my part, but the tech at PACT said everyone does it because that's how you have removed batteries all your life. You would think they would put a sticker on each scale to remind us impatient types.

Good luck on your scale.

I've had 2 of them go bad...

...my brother also had one go bad. RCBS will likely tell you to send it back to them and they will send another one to you. IIRC it took a few weeks turnaround time.

Had the scale part of the combo go TU last week - display read "2009" and nothing else. RCBS said to send it back, and that is where it went. It'll get back here by and by. In the meantime, I have my old RCBS balance beam scale - slow but reliable.

I don't care for the Charge Master one bit. It's very seldom accurate the way I think it should be. Mine is about 2 to 3 months old and will let it go for $200 + shipping if anyone wants it.

Redcrow,

if you are having problems with your chargemaster, call rcbs!

They will probably send you a brand new one.

Update on Chargemaster scale failure:

I received a brand new chargemaster 1500 digital scale from RCBS on the 9th. I am very impressed and pleased with the service from RCBS. First class outfit.

Cheers,

Update on Chargemaster scale failure:

I received a brand new chargemaster 1500 digital scale from RCBS on the 9th. I am very impressed and pleased with the service from RCBS. First class outfit.

Cheers,

That's good to hear. Let me just say that the RCBS chargemaster was definately the best purchase towards reloading that I've made, cut my reloading time by 1/2.:D

Back