Ratchet vs Octagon

Beau

In 2007, at least the way I heard it, Bill Calfee worked with Ed Shilen and the current, taper lapped rimfire Ratchet barrel was born. Everybody had to have one, including me! Shilen was flooded with orders.

Now, in 2009, Calfee advertises a rifle for sale with a Shilen Octagon rifled barrel. I can tell you from experience it's a hot shooter.

Will the flood gates at Shilen reopen? Will Shilen again be flooded with orders for the Octagon barrels. There already appears to be interest.

If so, what's the next hot thing Bill?

Last edited:
Shilen Octagon rifled barrels

In 2007, at least the way I heard it, Bill Calfee worked with Ed Shilen and the current, taper lapped rimfire Ratchet barrel was born. Everybody had to have one, including me! Shilen was flooded with orders.

Now, in 2009, Calfee advertises a rifle for sale with a Shilen Octagon rifled barrel. I can tell you from experience it's a hot shooter.

Will the flood gates at Shilen reopen? Will Shilen again going to be flooded with orders for the Octagon barrels. There already appears to be interest.

If so, what's the next hot thing Bill?

Beau,

It looks like no one wants to be left at the station when the "train" leaves. (No pun intended)

hey,

i drive trains so i myself will be pulling the lot!!!! i remember our talk there wally!!!!

Back