Rachel's Christmas present

mike cockcroft

My 19 year old daughter used to hunt with me when she was younger and loved to shoot 22 rifles. As she got older she had other interests. Right before Christmas she asked me if she could go to the clay pigeon rifle matches with her brother and me. Could'nt let her go without her own rifle!!
I had a Stolle Panda F class action, LBRP since we are both left handed, Bartlein 7.5 twist 6mm, Shehane ST1000 so I had all the parts.
William Roscoe had built me a 308 not long ago and I knew he would help me out and get the rifle done quickly.
Took the parts and a 243AI reamer to him and he built a great shooting rifle for Rachel. Now we have to squeeze in some practice time before the matches start in March.
Loaded 10 Lapua 243 cases for fireforming with 40.3 gr. of RL 22 and 115 Berger vld's jambed hard. First two shots were to get near bullseye, shots 3-6 went into one small hole, I threw shot 7 out to the right. Looks like it has promise.
IMG_0049.jpg

Last edited:
nice rifle but the bolt is on the wrong side!! LOL!!! i wish you and your shooting pard all the luck! Enjoy! Lee

Back