Question about Lapua Midas +

lion

I saw on one of the shooting sites how to decode the speed of Lapua 22 ammo. Lost track of it and now I want to know. Can anyone help with the post or know how to decode the lot #. Thanks, Wayne

you take the first two digits of the lot number usually between 25 and 34, add a 3 in front of it, say the lot number is 253747 you would have 325 this shows the lot speed is 325 METERS per second. You have to convert it to feet per second if that is what you are after.
MC

Thanks, Mike
I know I saw the same reply somewhere, just couldn't recall where. Just the information I needed. Wayne

Lapau Ammo

I saw on one of the shooting sites how to decode the speed of Lapua 22 ammo. Lost track of it and now I want to know. Can anyone help with the post or know how to decode the lot #. Thanks, Wayne

Hi .
According to their Catalogue for ammo, their 22 rifle ammunition [Midas,, Centre x,, Exact] all run at 1073 feet per sec. The exception is Biathlon and R100 ?.Mikes C's answer is about 1067 ish so not far from the Lapau catalogue. Regards John F.:)

Thanks for the reply John.
The last time I shot Lapua was when x-act first came out. I had very limited success with it. Went back to eley and now am struggling with that.
Wayne

you take the first two digits of the lot number usually between 25 and 34, add a 3 in front of it, say the lot number is 253747 you would have 325 this shows the lot speed is 325 METERS per second. You have to convert it to feet per second if that is what you are after.
MC

Do you discard the leading zero if the lot number begins with zero?

There's some Midas in the Classifieds that has the following sequence of numbers:

042 44 5 115 5

Hoot

There's some Midas in the Classifieds that has the following sequence of numbers:

042 44 5 115 5

Hoot

Never seen a number like that, maybe that is an old lot number maybe it is just all the numbers on the box, I don't know but it certainly isn't a modern lot number.
MC

I started shooting Lapua Gold Box (Midas "L" and "M") in 1995 or 6 and never saw numbers like that. Before that I'm not sure if Lapua was available in the States, other than maybe by getting it through a Canadian supplier.

Dave

That number is used in the SK and Wolf ammo.

042 44 5 115 5

Hoot

This style of lot number is on SK and Wolf ammunition, I've seen it used. I've just started using Lapua Midas + and Center X now in the last year and a half cause it's hard to find any good lots with Eley.
Rambo

I would like some other information if anyone knows. Is the rimfire lube beeswax, tallow or a combination of the two? If neither, what is the best guess as to what it really is? I know I could just ask Lapua but that would be too easy. Wayne

Thanks blades;
That's what I figured I would hear. Since we can't relube I guess it really doesn't matter.
Wayne

I would like some other information if anyone knows. Is the rimfire lube beeswax, tallow or a combination of the two? If neither, what is the best guess as to what it really is? I know I could just ask Lapua but that would be too easy. Wayne

I believe it is wax base with molybdenum as opposed to ELEY which is beeswax/ tallow.

Back