Question about IR 50/50 Stock Design

B

BigMacky

Got a question .... I got a hold of last years rules (Thanks Indianajames) looked through it but didn't see anything specific ...

Can the bottom edge of an IR 50/50 stock be flat (meaning parallel to the bottom of the forestock) Someone had thought that it needed to be sloped. (front to butt, not side to side)

Yes / No?

BTW ... this is for a 13.5 lb gun

Thanks .... Fred

Stock

fred the 10.5# and 13.5# class the forward part of the stock is flat and 3" wide. The sporter class is where the forestock has to pass the penny test and can't be flat width 2 1/4" wide.

Hey Steve ....

I got that part OK .... the part the I don't know about is the bottom of the butt of the stock .... can it be parallel to the ground or does it have to be at an angle. (don't know if I explained that any better)

Fred

Yep, flat

But limited to an inch in width. Helen named that the "Wilbur" rule after a national event where I showed up and shot a flat buttstock. I didn't know better (really, I swear I didn't) and Helen refused to DQ my scores after the fact....but changed the rule to flat up to an inch.

I think he is asking if the bottom of the butt can be parallel to the bore. Yes it can. I think it was NBRSA that used to have a rule about the extension of the toe line had to intercept the barrel within a minimum distance from the receiver.
Don

Thanks Don, the someone Fred was referring to was me. Guess I'm confusing my centerfire days from long ago with my rimfire.

UGH :eek: sucks where ya screw up! :eek:

Best,

Roger

Thanks everyone ....

We're good to go .... it's 5/8" wide, flat, and parallel ....

Fred

Wilbur knows I am always testing the rules with stock designs, so I have to be careful. He is like big brother....always watching
Don

Back