Problems with a scope

G

garrisone

I am looking for another scope,one that will suit me better than this Weaver 36x. The problem is when I look through the scope I can't see the cross hairs well. Can't see the dot either- not as clear as I would like it to be. Who makes a scope that has very clear optics -is 36x and you can see the cross hair and dot plainly that don't cost a fourtune? I played with the adjustments front and back and I always get a blurry image. Is there any place I can send this scope to get this problem fixed. Can any of you make any suggestions. garrisone.

I used to shoot Weaver T-36 scopes and still have one, works great Why don't you just send it in and have it fixed?

If you can't see the dot, can't see the crosshairs and can't see very well through it, it must be broke.

I'm truly not trying to sound like a smart ass here.:eek:

Charlie

Are you quite sure the hairs are properly focused with the eyepiece? The optics of Weaver, Sightron and Leupold are not all that much different.

Garrisone,
I had the same problem with a Weaver 36 bought a Leupold same problem. Next stop was the Eye doctor. Need cataract surgery.

Paul

I have heaps of trouble focussing higher powered rifle scopes, but I've found that If I don't get it precisely right, I can't see the crosshairs well when I lay them on the target. The adjustments are far too slow for me to avoid involuntarily correcting my distance focus as I screw & screw & screw the adjustment bell.

Wish the fancy scopes had a focus as quick & slick as the SWFA Super Snipers.

Thanks Paul. I already had my eyes cheched. I don't have cataracts yet just old eyes.garrisone.

Scope repair

You might try this contact, I have a scope being repaired right now by this person, Weaver Scope Repair, Bill Ackerman, 505-589-3733 or 915-269-9608. The mailing address is : Optical Service Co., Bill Ackerman, P.O. Box 1174, Santa Teresa, NM 88008. I miss layed his e-mail number. All he asked me to do was ship the scope to him along with a 10.00 dollar money order to ship it back to you if you do or don't want him to fix it. He looks over the scope lists it's problems and the cost of repairs. Then it is up to you if you want him to fix it. HTH......Slim

Have a friend look through the scope. Of course they may need to make some adjustments for their eyes, but would possibly show whether it is you or the scope. Do you have any other scopes, even hunting scopes. How do they look? Even though the crosshairs maybe larger are they fuzzy on the edges?

I have all kinds of eye problems, but discovered an old Lyman Super Target Spot that has given me much trouble during the indoor 3p season I have been adjusting wrong. Not perfect but have improved it some by fiddling.

You might be supprised how many turns it takes to focus the eye piece.
It might be as many as 10-15 complete revolutions. I let a friend shoot one of my guns and he had to move the bell about 3/8" before he could see the x hair. Are you looking at the sky for very short periods as you focus? I turn 1 turn, glance through the scope, another turn etc. Your eyes will start trying to focus very quickly which will cause eye strain if you look for extended periods and you will never get it right. Just adjust/ glance/ adjust/glance.
Steve

Back