Posting pictures from photobucket

adamsgt

Jerry Adams
Well, I thought I knew how to post pictures from photobucket but nothing I try seems to work. I've tried all four link formats on photobucket and the "insert image" icon on this site but always get an "invalid file" error message. HELP :confused:

You copy the URL by the picture then paste it between the

Jerry, try this.

in your photobucket account, select the picture you want to share and click on the "IMG" link to the right of the picture (underlined in the screenshot below). when you click on it, it is copied.

then go back to the BRC page and start a new post. all you have to do is put your mouse in the body of the text area where we type messages and right click on your mouse, then 'Paste". the image link will be already formatted correctly. just copy and paste the link. you don't have to mess with any of the buttons above this way.

Last edited:
You copy the URL by the picture then paste it between the [\img] when you click on the icon for the img above where you type this in[/QUOTE]

I don't get the "[img] [\img]" when I click on the icon for the img. I get a dialog box that tells me I am to select the source for the image,my computer or from a url. On photobucket when I click on the box that shows the url it shows that the url has been copied into my paste buffer. When I copy the url into the insert image box and click "OK" I get the invalid file error message. It's been a while since I posted pictures but it used to be quite easy. I don't know what's going wrong now.

Did what frenchy said and it worked fine. I'll have to write that down. I already have notes on which way to turn my elevation knob when going between 100 and 200 yards.

Don't forget to go into your photobucket account settings and to make your albums private........ unless you don't mind everybody going in there and viewing every photo you have.

Don't forget to go into your photobucket account settings and to make your albums private........ unless you don't mind everybody going in there and viewing every photo you have.

Thanks Van, that's not a consideration now but it could be in the future. Thanks for the heads up.

Back