positive quotes

M

Maxwellbak

If you think about disaster, you will get it. Brood about death and you hasten your demise. Think positively and masterfully, with confidence and faith, and life becomes more secure, more fraught with action, richer in achievement and experience.
- Swami Vivekananda

positive quotes

The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved'.....the pig was 'committed'.

Good shootin'. -Al

there are three "quotes" I've had as a guide through my life...

to fail is to learn, if you never failed you never learned anything.

Pain is unavoidable, suffering is optional.

and

train to learn, fight to win.

Some people were born on 3rd base thinking they just hit a triple.

wait......my bad.....that wasn't very positive. How's this:

I'm so optimistic that I would go after Moby Dick in a row boat, and take the tartar sauce with me.

Wisdom to remember and pass on or not

There never was a hoss that couldn't be rode and there never was a cowboy that couldn't be throw'd.

The bigger they are the harder they fall.

It is not the size of the dog in the fight, It is the size of the fight in the dog.

Even a blind squirrel will sometimes find a nut.

When the one great scorer comes to score against your name, it matters not if you win or lose but how you played the game.

"They" said it couldn't be done. With a smile he went right to it. He was trying something that couldn't be done and he couldn't do it.

There now,

Concho Bill

1. "To Err is human, to wear out the eraser ahead of the pencil is overdoing it a little bit"

2. During my tenure in the Navy the most inspiring saying that hung above the Parachute packing table was,

"Don't screw up it may cost you more than your willing to pay"

As a Parachute Rigger you can not have a day that is less than perfect or someone can die!

3.My all time favorite was spoken by J.C Watts, not sure if he was the originator though!

" Always Do The Right Thing Even When No One Is Looking"

Last edited:
Thomas Jefferson;
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”

The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

To take from one because it is thought that his own industry and that of his father’s has acquired too much, in order to spare to others, who, or whose fathers, have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association—the guarantee to every one of a free exercise of his industry and the fruits acquired by it.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

More Thomas Jefferson

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder i work the more of it I have."

Later
Dave

Dave, along that same line of thinking:

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is."
- Yogi Berra

Good shootin' :) -Al

If you treat people as they are, you make them worse, If you treat people as if they were what they ought to be, you help them to become what they are capable of becoming.

von Goethe...

Two atoms are walking down the street one day, and one of them says to the other:

"Hey, wait up a second. I think I lost an electron"

The first atom replied, "Are you sure?"

The second atom exclaimed, "Yes, I'm positive!"

Back