Pierce Action in 1K bench

a.JR

Hi all , Is anyone successfully running a Pierce action at 1K bench??.. Will be just hanging out the back of a Stretched Barrel Heavy Gun combo so it does not need to be oversize .. So i guess the question is,are they anygood compared to a well set up Rem700 ..JR..Jeff Rogers

Yes, they work but i never used his BR action.If its straight and they are, i guess they would be as good as any.....jim

Jeff,
Any action that isn't cut down to a potato chip is going to be a better bet than a Remington. Unless you have a remmy with solid bottom metal, there just isn't much holding the rear of the action. But then, if you are not attaching the scope to it, then this is a non-issue. On a tension barrel gun where the scope is attached elsewhere, I'd say you can't shoot the difference.

Jeff, I have an old one that has the PTG. bolt and i had a few issues with the bolt and firing pin but the action is good and i have a 30" hv.dasher barrel on it that has no trouble shooting 5" ten shot groups@ 1K. The barrel even has a brake on it. The action round the and the port is smaller than a repeater action it drilled and taped with 8-40 screws. No trigger hanger,no safety cut.... jim

I have a Pierce action on a benchrest gun and it functions well. Call them and tell them your desires and they can get it done for you.

Alex, The hole for the firing pin was over sized and i sent it back for repair and they put an over sized firing pin in it but they broke the edge of the firing hole and it would crater the primers the same. I had to send it and have it bushed.The firing pin fall was excessive .300 and i had to fix that but this is a left hand action, now it's fine The other problem is there scope rings are too low for any scope like a NF.........jim

The pin fall was around .300 and should be like a Rem. at .250+-. Never shot it like that, but i had hard bolt opening. thats why i checked it....jim

Back